Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frying Xmas pudding

• 21-12-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I like a nice pudding but usually end up throwing half it away. This last few weeks, I've seen on at least 2 separate cooking shows people frying up cold slices of pudding. It sounds like a plan (sure, if it goes pearshaped, no great loss) but I have no idea how to fry it. Anyone tried this? How long per side normally? How thick a slice? Butter or olive oil?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Butter, medium heat, couple of minutes each side - you can also grill it if you don't want the extra butter, like you would a piece of toast, but never in the toaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

My Dad loves it like this....

Think sweet, so no olive oil. He uses some butter, not too high a heat or the butter will burn, and at the end a little splash of booze. Really, you're just heating it rather than cooking it and the booze just adds a kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

My Dad loves it like this....

Think sweet, so no olive oil. He uses some butter, not too high a heat or the butter will burn, and at the end a little splash of booze. Really, you're just heating it rather than cooking it and the booze just adds a kick!

What sort of booze Vixen? I've got half a bottle of brandy ready to go? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

A little dash of brandy would do no harm. I look forward to the pudding going cold so I have to fry it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Yep, brandy or whiskey corblimey.

Or if you fancy something a little different, Cointreau or Drambuie will add a different dimension!

You can flambé it to burn off the alcohol....or not and enjoy it more :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Minder wrote: »
    you can also grill it if you don't want the extra butter, like you would a piece of toast, but never in the toaster.
    I would grill it but would slap on butter after! means the butter wont burn. Would fall to bits in the toaster if anybody is wondering.

I do not like christmas pud but grill barn bracks at halloween.

Advertisement