Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerpoint: some videos wont play on overhead projector

Options
  • 21-12-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi

A question about powerpoint. I have already googled this and see similar problems.

Basically I have video files which play when I run my powerpoint slideshow on my laptop but all that appears on the overhead is a black box where the video should be.

It appears this might be a problem with graphics cards and can be solved by just running the presentation without the laptop screen on.

However, the interesting variation in my case is that while some of the videos wont play, some will! And this is in the same presentation. This doesnt make sense to me but makes me think there is a problem with the video file in question.

Thus here is my final question: what video files run with least potential confict issues/hassle on windows based powerpoint presentations.

All my files were mpeg, but maybe some had a problem codec.Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What version of Windows or OSX are you running?

Also, what cables are you using to connect the projector to the laptop?

Some grpahics cards don't allow the playing of video on external displays because of technical or Copyright reasons.

Also, a quick google reealed this site:
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00467.htm

Advertisement