Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Fights thread

Options
  • 21-12-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

The best ufc match thread got me thinking of some great none ufc fights from over the years. Maybe we could merge threads if this doesnt warrant its own.

Who could forget this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dICRMbFHcM&feature=related

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Rampage vs Wanderlei Silva series of fights.
    Ken Shamrock vs Don Drye
    Don Frye vs Blonde Japanese guy in a hockey fight
    Sakuraba vs Gracie series of fights

A personal favourite for it's old school style versus style matchup, and the Brasilian hissyfit:

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Adilson Lima

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Clive wrote: »

This thread put me on a major Nog buzz, im not a fan of the guy at all but watching him and seeing the holds he's going for Frank Mir better be watching the same youtube clips and greasing up his arms lol :D and when he falls he doesn't just go for a leg to hug it does he !!!!!

It's big Nog who is fighting Frank Mir, the guy fighting Shogun in that video is lil' Nog, his younger brother.

Big Nog= Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira aka Minotauro

Lil' Nog = Antonio Rogerio Nogueira aka Minotoro

Confusing as hell I know, but luckily they're in different weight categories - heavyweight and light heavyweight respectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Also Big Nog was nearly killed in a tractor accident when he was a child. As a result he has a scar on his back.

Clive wrote: »
    It's big Nog who is fighting Frank Mir, the guy fighting Shogun in that video is lil' Nog, his younger brother.

Big Nog= Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira aka Minotauro

Lil' Nog = Antonio Rogerio Nogueira aka Minotoro

Confusing as hell I know, but luckily they're in different weight categories - heavyweight and light heavyweight respectively.

You're quite right, I always mix this pair up :)

Also Big Nog was nearly killed in a tractor accident when he was a child. As a result he has a scar on his back.

Wrestling trackers as a kid , how bad ass is that :D

Advertisement