Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating a new kitchen.

Options
  • 21-12-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Getting my kitchen done.. got alot of thinks to think of.
    1: skirting heating. has anyone used this, is it any use, looking not to have rads as they take up space on the walls. I would need 3 rads in the kitchen to get it warm enough. The fellow was on dragons den and seems to be doing ok for himself now, see the link - http://www.discreteheat.co.uk/

2: my boiler is 11 year old, i get it serviced every year. Its gas but last year had to get the main board replaced etc. thinking of maybe getting a new boiler/aga etc that would fit into new kitchen. I would love a pellet burner but it is not possible to do...:(

3: getting the walls of the house foam filled, this will increase hopefully the heat staying in the house as it just runs through the walls, house is also 11 years old and it is useless for keeping heat.

4: was looking at underfloor heating but installing it on a prebulit house seems too difficult as it takes 50mm to 70mm in the floor which means that door heights have to be change, would end up with a step up into the kitchen which I dont want.

Please give me feedback if anyone has had experiences etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You could look at this. http://www.onefitappliances.co.uk/hydronic-c-56_61.html

I have no experience with these whatsoever. But if space is at a premium, and you have central heating pipes nearby, it might fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭dbyrne

thanks for the reply and link, i know a couple of people who have had these put in and they said they are useless, a complete waste of money.
    sorry posted this in the wrong thread.

Advertisement