Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Rip Off in Donabate

Options
  • 21-12-2008 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Be warned..... I know times are hard but.....Keelings bar in Donabate has bought a consignment of cheap 275ml Coors Light somewhere (more than likely The North were you can buy 15 of these bottles for £9) . They are charging the full price of €4.90 for these bottles , which is the price normally charged for a regular 330ml "Irish" bottle. Robbing gits....:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

That's bad form, if true, and I'd hazard a guess that it might be illegal...if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭scanner

Unfortunately I am sorry to say but it is true

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

scanner wrote: »
    Be warned..... I know times are hard but.....Keelings bar in Donabate has bought a consignment of cheap 275ml Coors Light somewhere (more than likely The North were you can buy 15 of these bottles for £9) . They are charging the full price of €4.90 for these bottles , which is the price normally charged for a regular 330ml "Irish" bottle. Robbing gits....:mad:
    Head up to Smyths - always a better pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Head up to Smyths - always a better pub!

I agree. Smyth's is a proper decent pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sean_K wrote: »
    and I'd hazard a guess that it might be illegal...if true.

Cant see how. They can thimbles full of it for €100 if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

Stekelly wrote: »
    Cant see how. They can thimbles full of it for €100 if they want.

yeah but the pricing list at the entrance will have the quantity you get for that price, and more than likely still says 330ml

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

yeah but the pricing list at the entrance will have the quantity you get for that price, and more than likely still says 330ml
    If it does, ask for the other 55ml's in a glass! If they refuse, tell them you want a refund, and then report them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I doubt it is listed, they do not have to list every drink.

If you are buying longnecks you are being ripped off anyway, with only yourself to blame.

275ml for €4.90 is €10.12 a pint. Even if it was 330ml it is €8.43 per pint. I can never understand why anybody pays that much for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

It would also be illegal if they paid cash for it up North and did not declare the items as turnover when selling. But I am sure they would not do that.

Boo

Advertisement