Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Vinyl Player

Options
  • 22-12-2008 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok, was gonna put this up in tech but i decided there would prob be a better responce here. Both me and a mate are looking into buying a Vinyl player but were not finding any around our home town of tralee. Decided that ordering off the net would prob be our best bet but with all the different types of vinyl players and different names(vinyl, record, hifis etc) that were finding it pretty hard to find.

So do any of ye boardsiess have any recomendations for us? Were just looking for somthing to play vinyl, were not looking for dj use or usb or any gimmicks like that. Analogue sound quality is what were after but nothing too crazy over the top priced either please....we are students after all!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

I think argos have them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

A record player is what you're looking for. Argos, have cheap and cheerful ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Im pretty sure the ones in argos have cheap sound quality:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've seen them in Tesco. No idea how good they are. Think they're selling for around €70

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

try here - http://www.richersounds.com/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sgroup=TURNTABLES

the sony ones are alright and reasonably priced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Welcome newbies to the world of vinyl. Depending how serious you want to get about vinyl get some seperates so if it dont work out you will only be left with the turntable. Sony for a starter pack, ok.Dont touch those peieces of junk you see in electrical stores usuall for a 100 QUID:mad:. A second hand sony hifi set appx e 130 ish. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The big HMV's have them (i.e. Downstairs in Graffton st.). Good nice sounding ones too, of decent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Welcome newbies to the world of vinyl. Depending how serious you want to get about vinyl get some seperates so if it dont work out you will only be left with the turntable. Sony for a starter pack, ok.Dont touch those peieces of junk you see in electrical stores usuall for a 100 QUID:mad:. A second hand sony hifi set appx e 130 ish. Best of luck.

130 ish umm i hope so :rolleyes:
    I'm finding it very hard at the moment to find seperates.
    I'll Check out Hmv though

Advertisement