Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sang Bleu.

• 22-12-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

http://sangbleu.com/2008/12/08/issuucom/

Sang Bleu, is an attempt at doing an arthouse tattoo magazine. It's all done by Filip Leu's apprentice and since some of the issues are sold out you can now go through them in one of those flash reader yokes. It focuses on traditional American and Japanese mostly with the odd bit of interesting tribal. Really great interviews with the staff of Frith Street in there too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Some good stuff from what i see.

Seen it in any shops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The price is pretty out there, it's something like €45 and pretty much the same again for postage. It is around 300 pages of content in fairness to them, I'm getting sorted out with a copy but I don't think I'd spend the full amount on it even though the photographs are amazing. I'm sure the newer issue will go online in a month or so.

*edit* you have to buy it online or in some tattoo shops; Frith Street, Shangri-La, Blut und Eisen and LTW are the only ones I can remember offhand.

Ah jaysus...

I get €40 a week to live off, no way i can actually buy one.

Thank god for the internet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I'm in a pretty simmilar boat, but it's my ideal tattoo magazine, it sticks to the stuff I really like (Traditional American and Japanese) if only it wasn't so expensive I'd have every issue but I'll make do with the new one.

hmm, im hoping some shops will get it in, so i can just sit there and read it! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement