Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler wont switch off!

Options
  • 22-12-2008 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

My gas boiler for heating water and the rads will not turn off when the timer goes off plus the rads are piping hot. I have tried the reset switch but when i turn it back it heats up again, Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stillbornalive

your timer could be faulty or if it is a recent instillation, wired incorrectly. Also you thermostat may have gone which ill not signal the boiler to switch off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Sounds like the thermostat could be knackered and its not switching off because it doesnt know its at the right temp. For the minute knock it off at the fuse board just so it stops it running and then try get someone to look at it is probably your best bet. Dont think its going to be anything simple if its not the stat so would imagine thats all you can do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I presume that the timer is set to "timed", not "constant".
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭deco28

yes timer is off and temp at the wall is turned right down and still turns on. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The fact that the stat is turned right down and it is still heating up suggests as i stated above the stat is knackered. Im not a plumber or anything but that would be my 2 cents worth on the matter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

There is something else that it might be ,if you have a thermostat on the hot water turn it down all the way and see what happens.

The zone valve for your heating might be stuck open and the boiler is on because the cylinder is calling for hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

You don't have a frost stat that is turned up quite high ?
    Jim.

Advertisement