Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell Appreciation

• 22-12-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

i know he seems to be going crazy lately (hopefully this new timbaland thing will be ok) but are there other people out there who love just about everything he's been involved with?? i was introduced to audioslave 6 years ago and i've been obssessed with soundgarden and audioslave since. the temple of the dog album is a masterpiece and his solo stuff is brilliant.

anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Soundgarden are gods.

Audioslave and his solo work is dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I dont think this Timbaland thing will be ok at all. I think the chart success he had with You Know My Name went to his head and now he wants more.

Been a Soundgarden fan for yonks, Audioslave were hit and miss although I have to say any time I saw them live they were fantastic. Euphoria Morning was amazing but a big kudos was due to Eleven and Natasha Schnider(RIP) Carry On was the beginning of the decline into mainstream imo.

I just hope this ****e he is bringing out will be a flash in the pan, wont sell and he will go back to at least heavier rock. Or else he will turn into an old Justin Timberlake.

Have a listen to his brother Peter's band if your missing old Chris Cornell.
    http://www.blackmarketradionyc.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Ditto with me, Soundgarden were great everything else nah. Poor poor poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

buck65 wrote: »
    Ditto with me, Soundgarden were great everything else nah. Poor poor poor

Echoing this sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I love this guy, seen him twce live and and was amazing both times, Love everything he does. his music is just so amazingly diverse, he has abit of everything! I myself am a harcore rock and hip-hop fan and rnb, so I just simply adored his new album!
    Its not fair to hate an artist for new stuff, sure his timbaland stuff is amazing but its called artistic diversity! He probably made **** loads of new fans with this new album because it was different and unique! And artist needs to represent other types of music to gain more fans! I personally own everything he has ever done. Love Sunshower so much! :)

But yeah, I love him. And anyone who doesnt cus of his new stuff, seriously, give a guy a chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

New album blow's he sounds worse then robbie williams on rudebox:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I just stumbled across this thread whilst listening to 'Louder Than Love'. Chris was and, present work excluded, still is a god in my eyes.

I was introduced to Audioslave like the OP about 6 years ago and subsequently got into Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog. 'Superunknown' is quite possibly my favourite all time album, it just blows my mind everytime i hear it.

That said i love all Soundgarden & Audioslaves albums as well as Temple of the Dog. I even thought that his second solo album 'Carry On' wasn't half bad either.

His newest venture really is a pile alright and while i don't like it i can respect where he's coming from with it. He has said that he's pretty much done everything he could do with rock music and wants to do something different. Surely he has earned that right at this stage but don't expect me to listen to it :D

dceire wrote: »
    His newest venture really is a pile alright and while i don't like it i can respect where he's coming from with it. He has said that he's pretty much done everything he could do with rock music and wants to do something different. Surely he has earned that right at this stage but don't expect me to listen to it :D

Haha, fair play! I myself still love his new album. Have you by any chance listened to Long Gone ( Rock Version) ? its a song from his new album and it really speaks what you said, he has done everything with rock so now its long gone...also, you should listen to Acoustic Scream...they are both lovely! ;) listen to long gone rock version on youtube!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

fufureida wrote: »
    Haha, fair play! I myself still love his new album. Have you by any chance listened to Long Gone ( Rock Version) ? its a song from his new album and it really speaks what you said, he has done everything with rock so now its long gone...also, you should listen to Acoustic Scream...they are both lovely! ;) listen to long gone rock version on youtube!

Just gave Long Gone (Rock Version) a listen and its not great, its a middle of the road nothing rock/pop song really. That acoustic version isn't too bad but not a patch on some of his other acoustic stuff. I highly recommend listening to his Stripped Sessions stuff on youtube, his voice is amazing on those songs particularly his cover of Bob Marley's Redemption song. One of my favourite covers ever.

mate, I have everything Chris has ever done. I have actually met Chris Cornell too, and he gave me one of his old old CD's witch you can hardly find anymore in shops. ;) but yeah, redemption song is great! I didn't like Scream either at the beginning and it grew onto me! Maybe cus I'm into Rnb, hiphop and rap already, but fave genre has to be rock! :)

Listen to the last song on Scream album, its called Two Drink Minumum. Also of of my favourites.
    here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJeL0l5810

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

I love em, scar on the sky is just powerful, the 'make you sit down and cry' kinda song, which rocks imo.

Advertisement