Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De ja vu...3 times

Options
  • 22-12-2008 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? De ja vu twice or possibly 3 times? Myself and the boyfriend were in the car on a certain route and i got de ja vu, it was much more vivid than any other de ja vu i had ever got (whether this happened or not i'm not sure because the boyfriend said we were never on this certain road ever before). Then when we were actually on the road again, we were on the same route,the same van and cars passed, i got the same feeling of de ja vu and this time i interupted it while it was happening and told the boyfriend what he was going to say next and what movement he was going to make. He was freaked out and reacted exactly how it had happened before. I still cannot find any answer to why this happened. I did remember prior to all this happening me and the boyfriend decided to meditate together and fell asleep after meditating, is it possible that we went somehow into the future. Its still strange thinking about it. Any suggestions or thoughts will be helpful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I wouldn't read to much into it. Its one of those weird little experience a lot of people get from time to time. I have fallen asleep loads of times during a meditation, its relaxing (a little too much lol) sometimes. Let it go and move on, imo would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I did remember prior to all this happening me and the boyfriend decided to meditate together and fell asleep after meditating, is it possible that we went somehow into the future.

I think that's the most likely explanation, yeah!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I dont give much thought to deja vu. One very plausible explanation for it is that when we are tired or bored that our brain accidentally processes new memories as existing memories, hence why we think we experienced it already.

One of the more non scientific explanations i heard that is the most scary of all is that the universe continually goes through a series of big bangs and big crunches and we are all reborn again. HOwever we are that boring that we live our lives exactly the same and sometimes we get deja vu as proof! :eek:

Did this thread not come up before? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I heard something once that there is a tiny difference between when light enters the eye and the brain processes the information and on the odd occasion it is just long enough a gap for your brain to think it has seen something it hasn't actually seen before.

Not the non-hole filled and all encompassing explanation you'd want but something to think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i like DAVES explanation better :D:D:D
    thanks anyway guys!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement