Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Screwdriver Galway

Options
  • 22-12-2008 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone know of a local electronics store that sells the little screwdriver for disassembling a mobile (Nokia E51). Need to replace cover on phone. Can't think or anywhere that may have the required tool.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

that would be a torx key. Try Maplins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

B&Q too, but ring up Maplin first. They should be able to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

+1 for Maplin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I had this exact same problem the other day, the best deal I got was in that little hardware shop beside Supermacs in Eyre Square, the one across the road from the BoI ATMs, its directly across the road from the Dunnes off licence aswell. I asked everywhere and they all said Maplins then I went in there and he sells a set of 3 little torx screwdrivers for 2.50 or something like that and one of them is the nokia bit, the guy in the mobile repair place on Shop st wanted €25 to open it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

Thargor wrote: »
    I had this exact same problem the other day, the best deal I got was in that little hardware shop beside Supermacs in Eyre Square, the one across the road from the BoI ATMs, its directly across the road from the Dunnes off licence aswell. I asked everywhere and they all said Maplins then I went in there and he sells a set of 3 little torx screwdrivers for 2.50 or something like that and one of them is the nokia bit, the guy in the mobile repair place on Shop st wanted €25 to open it for me.

Got sorted in Maplin earlier. Had to buy 3 screw driver set that had the Torx6 one included. Came to €13.49!!! Still glad to get it done. Tis a 2 minute job with the right screwdriver. Mobile Repair Man kinda takin' the piss with his €25.

Tks to everyone for the info!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thargor wrote: »

It's called O' Toole's Tool Shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

JohnCleary wrote: »
    It's called O' Toole's Tool Shop :)

Don't be a tool, this is a serious problem.

Hope everything torx out ok for you OP.

Advertisement