Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Vs Chelsea Goodison Park 22/12

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

have to say on first viewing i would have said red, after seeing it many many times now i would say yellow at most. but in fairness the ref goes with his decision based on seeing it once and he seemed to consult with his assistants so i dont think you can blame the ref...

EDIT: watched it a lot more and i'm back to red card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

PHB wrote: »
    I can't believe United are only 1 point off the pace at Christmas, just can't believe it. All things considered, I'm very very happy with it. Thank god Chelsea are not in front that much :)

i am stunned liverpool are top, they haven't played well in one league game this season, torres has barely played and only scored in 2 league games if i am correct. this time last year everyone was saying without torres liverpool wouldn't even be top 10.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i am stunned liverpool are top, they haven't played well in one league game this season

i can think of a few maybe you aren't watching us enough, how about the united game?

i am stunned liverpool are top, they haven't played well in one league game this season

Er, against United, Chelsea, Everton perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

i am absolutely stunned by this comment. United, Chelsea, Everton, West Brom, Bolton, Man City (second half), Spurs (despite the result) were all good or very good performances off the top of my head.
    Try watching some of our games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

2 min injury time was a joke......should have been 5, plenty time for cahill to nod in a corner to seal the 3 points then.

A good performance by the toffees considering we have fook all strikers, if only moyes had money at his disposal like chelski............:mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

JPA wrote: »
    Injured, not fit, not playing.
    Needs to be playing to get back in to his stride.
    He played today, there was no motivation/drive... very disappointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

didnt get to see tonights game,was raging.came on here to read up on some chelsea/ everton supporters opinions, have ended up reading quite a few opinions of liverpool/united fans..its a bit sickening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Ref had a shocker! Everton commited appox twice as many fowls yet did they even get one yellow???!!!! >>must a be a Liverpool/ManU fan.

Terry challenge was not a red, def yellow, wasnt late, both players got the ball at pretty much the same time.

Good match, bad result. why do this year all the top seem to be drawing all their games of late.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ref had a shocker! Everton commited appox twice as many fowls yet did they even get one yellow???!!!! >>must a be a Liverpool/ManU fan.

The ref didn't have a shocker.
    He made a controversial decision on which people are going to be split in their opinions. Just because you didn't like his decision doesn't mean it was a shocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

2 min injury time was a joke......should have been 5, plenty time for cahill to nod in a corner to seal the 3 points then.

A good performance by the toffees considering we have fook all strikers, if only moyes had money at his disposal like chelski............:mad

I couldn't believe that there were only 2 minutes, seeing as Cech was injured for about 2 minutes and took another 2 to kick the ball out. I seen this as a favour to Chelsea with the officials trying to 'give a break' to Chelsea after sending the goon off. It's fair to say that Everton gave them a great game and had them chasing their tails for most of the game, kudos for that.

To all Evertonians, thanks for keeping us reds top of the table for Chrimbo, nice one! I know you love us:D

EDIT: in italics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

papagormo wrote: »
    didnt get to see tonights game,was raging.came on here to read up on some chelsea/ everton supporters opinions, have ended up reading quite a few opinions of liverpool/united fans..its a bit sickening

Whats the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Terry challenge was not a red, def yellow, wasnt late, both players got the ball at pretty much the same time.
    Everton 16 fouls, Chelsea 12 fouls. Not even close to twice the amount of fouls. And all three of Chelsea's bookings came from dissent, two of them over the one free kick. Also, Terry didn't get a touch on the ball, went in with his studs up and was very lucky that he didn't seriously injure Osman, it was a very, very obvious red

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

That tackle was horrendous. It could have broken the guy's ankle. Also, was I the only one to predict a draw? :P

You see, when everyone starts looking at the form-book (i.e. - Everton worst home record; Chelsea best away record), that's typically when the game goes against the form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Disgraceful tackle.

Good decision but the manner in which the ref in questions shows his cards is the most irritating thing in the world. He is so dismissive of the player as if he was god or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

OK 16 fouls for Eve and 12 for Chelski, at one stage in the match they flashed up (and was commented on) that Eve had twice as many fouls.

Everton didnt get one yellow.

.....and the ref counting out 5 paces(10yds) and then booking Ballack for questioning his judgement...pls. Someone should have checked if he was wearing ManU boxers!!! :D ]:) :pac:

Think Scholari has to try and get Drogba and Anelka starting, the 1 up front isnt working against packed defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

spockety wrote: »
    The pace is 37 points from 16. United have 32 from 16.
    ok w/e. he clearly meant that united are only 1 point behind if they win their two games in hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think everyone has their own opinion on the tackle but the real problem is the consitency of refs.

I believe it was a red last night and I believe Arca should have red at the weekend too. But as we heard from Poll there are outside factors behind some decisions (which doesnt make it right by the way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Apperently Chelsea are going to appeal - hopefully that means another match for an unjust appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ok I thought the ref last night was shockingly one sided that said I don't see any grounds for appeal on the red card.

Lets look at it. He was about a second late, was a studs up lunge and his foot was about a ft off the ground. Lets not even mention the fact that he was no where near the ball and actually caught the player. Red card 7 days a week.

The thing annoying me about the tackle is why? Your deep in Evertons half over at the side line, why bother making a tackle like that there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

An absolutely disgraceful challenge by Terry. As iregk said, he jumped in, tackling foot with studs showing about a foot of the ground and connected with the players leg. Red Card.
    IMO Terry gets away with reckless career threatening tackles like this far too often and i commend the ref for having the testicular fortitude to send him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

kida wrote: »
    Apperently Chelsea are going to appeal - hopefully that means another match for an unjust appeal.
    If the appeal is successful i would be very mad! He should serve his match ban!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Delighted, great result for Everton (and Man U!).

Good old JT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

r1529180657hm1.jpg

Caption!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Quality! Gave Chelsea CB's a taste of their own medicine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

MIN2511 wrote: »
    What is wrong with Drogba? This season he hasn't played well.... maybe its time to sell him

Drogba has only ever played fantastically in one season of his career anyway.

RasTa wrote: »
    r1529180657hm1.jpg

Caption!

No I'm next in line to fcuk Terry in the ass, I don't care if you're the referee.

Well what do the rest of ye think on Arteta's new role?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Well what do the rest of ye think on Arteta's new role?

tell me what it is sand ill tell you what i think of it

mormank wrote: »
    tell me what it is sand ill tell you what i think of it

Well he is playing in a much deeper central role behind the midfield trio. Have you seen any games recently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

That last couple of games he's been great. Hopefully the spanish clubs and Man City/Arsenal will f**k off and leave him alone and he can keep this form for the rest of the season.

Advertisement