Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed exam!!!!!!

Options
  • 22-12-2008 5:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi all I missed an exam on Saturday coz I was really sick. Must've been one of those 1day stomach bugs but I couldn't for the life of me get out've bed!!. I was better this morning (sunday!), so is it too late to go to the doctors to get a cert? and what do I even do if I get a sick cert? who do I contact (within UL)??:confused:. The exam was worth 80% and I was really relying on that module to bring my grades up as I think I've already failed one ( or possibly two) module/s.

I'm really worried now because I think this means I've failed the year (if I've failed two modules and missed an exam). Advice would be greatly appreciated!!.

On a brighter note, Happy Christmas!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

On saturday?? You chaps in limerick have it rough

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I'd suggest going to your family doctor, or better still a doctor in your family and being convincing. Your story is not a good one and is unfortunate if true. In all fairness, knowing that you had such an important exam and not getting up even to make it into the doctor's surgery was somewhat of an oversight.

Best of luck

Edit: First of all, go to the college doc asap. He/She is on M near the Counselling and the Chaplain

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

for anyone confused about I-Grades or any other exam related query email education@ulsu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'd also suggest talking to your lecturer about it. You may be able to sit it as a repeat in August/September (can't remember when the repeats take place).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Michelle90

Yes unfortunately my story is true......thanks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Michelle90 wrote: »
    hi all I missed an exam on Saturday coz I was really sick. Must've been one of those 1day stomach bugs but I couldn't for the life of me get out've bed!!. I was better this morning (sunday!), so is it too late to go to the doctors to get a cert? and what do I even do if I get a sick cert? who do I contact (within UL)??:confused:. The exam was worth 80% and I was really relying on that module to bring my grades up as I think I've already failed one ( or possibly two) module/s.

I'm really worried now because I think this means I've failed the year (if I've failed two modules and missed an exam). Advice would be greatly appreciated!!.

On a brighter note, Happy Christmas!! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what kind of position you're going to be in after that. Personally I think waiting until your results come out so you have solid information as to where you are to hand would be a good thing. The reality is that you won't know you've failed a module unless you've done something truly abysmal until the results come out.

Go to your doctor and see if he'll write you a sick cert (the sooner the better). Then go and talk to your lecturer(s) and also the education officer in the SU. They should be able to tell you where you stand as regards repeats and stuff.

It may not be any consolation now but failing a year isn't the end of the world, sure it will cost you if you want to repeat the whole year but if you like the course it will probably be worth it. As I said above wait until you know where you stand before you make a decision.

As an aside, best of luck with your results and happy Chirstmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Have you contacted anyone as of yet??

Advertisement