Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands with unique sounds.

Options
  • 22-12-2008 5:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

What bands do you think have unique sounds.
    One that comes to mind is The Pixies- the amazing "light and dark" of Black's primal scream and Deal's more melodic vocals with that everpresent driving bassline. OK they influenced a lot of bands but i've never heard the sound approximated.

Another is The Smiths- Marr and Morrissey combining to produce something i feel is unique.

And possibly The Stone Roses- just listened to "I wanna be adored" again there and it definitely sounds like nothing else to me- that intro is otherworldly and sublime.

What bands do you think have a truly unique sound?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Defo agree on the stone roses!! I mean how do you compare them to anyone else or even attempt to describe them?I really hope they do reform

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

No chance of the Roses reforming as long as Ian Brown remains a thick, monkey faced idiot. Saw him say in an interview that he hates violence and he is all about Peace. Yet when I saw him play a solo show he lunged into the crowd right where I was and tried to beat up a guy behind me. Gas man.

Anyway, I think bands like Arcade Fire, The Cure, Radiohead have their own great original sounds. I could name more but it's Monday and I'm tired of thinking already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

My Bloody Valentine
    New Order
    Virgin Prunes

Advertisement