Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracksuits iIn A Pub

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sure, if I'm just after playing a game I'd wear team uniform or sport clothes, provided somehow it comes across I am actually just after playing sport and not a scumbag :) Maybe a sports bag handy.:pac::D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I normally agree with your posts kiera but I do think that people should be allowed wear what they are comfortable with, not what society thinks they should wear in certain situations. It's very steriotypical to say someone wearing a tracksuit is a sham. Don't judge based on physical apearance, it's not nice.

Night clothes are comfortable for alot of people does this mean everyone should be allowed wear them when going out?
    My local doesn't have a dress code, wear dirty work clothes, tracksuits or a silk suit, doesn't matter. You will still get your pint once you are respectable and don't act the eejit.

Thing is your not very respectable looking if you wear anything you want and don't even make an attempt to dress up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Cabaal wrote: »
    Night clothes are comfortable for alot of people does this mean everyone should be allowed wear them when going out?

I have seen some extremely odd styles and fashion sences, I personaly don't have a problem with it. Night clothes is somewhat differant. It's not what people wear during the day doing normal day to day activities. You might as well say swimming trunks or a fancy dress costume.
    Thing is your not very respectable looking if you wear anything you want and don't even make an attempt to dress up

Why should we make an attempt to dress up to enjoy a drink with friends? I don't go to my local to show off and compete against others with my attire. I go to enjoy myself and meet people I rarely see. The fact of the matter is, in my local, nobody gives a damn what people wear. People are accepted for who they are, not what they wear. I guess we are somewhat civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Melion wrote: »
    I'm wearing tracksuit pants now, its a lazy day.

They're nice ones though, Fat pants i like to call them

fat pants are awesome but should never be worn outside the home!

EDIT: also they are my only pair of tracksuit bottoms because tracksuits are for knacks unless you are taking part in sport plain and simple.

fat pants are awesome but should never be worn outside the home!

EDIT: also they are my only pair of tracksuit bottoms because tracksuits are for knacks unless you are taking part in sport plain and simple.

Another "holier than thou" post. They are not for "knacks", as you so boldly put it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RoMiLe

Another "holier than thou" post.
    I guess we are somewhat civilised.

LOL...

Holier than thou and being civilised... I like how you linked them... When you have somehting constructive or good to post, please be my guest, otherwise shoo...

Another "holier than thou" post. They are not for "knacks", as you so boldly put it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

its not holier than thou, its like if i saw someone wearing a mcdonalds uniform its a fair assumption they work in mcDonalds, so if i see someone wearing a tracksuit i assume they are a knacker, and i would be right 9/10 times...

tracksuit bottoms make people look like scum have some pride in your appearance!

* my definition of knacker may be different from yours mind you, i have often spoken to someone i would call a knacker and they would tell me about knackers in their area and it blows my mind that they dont realise what they are themselves! not saying you are one though...

LOL...

Holier than thou and being civilised... I like how you linked them... When you have somehting constructive or good to post, please be my guest, otherwise shoo...

i think your missing his point...

its not holier than thou, its like if i saw someone wearing a mcdonalds uniform its a fair assumption they work in mcDonalds, so if i see someone wearing a tracksuit i assume they are a knacker, and i would be right 9/10 times...

tracksuit bottoms make people look like scum have some pride in your appearance!

* my definition of knacker may be different from yours mind you...

Are you suggesting that people who render animal waste to into value added materials wear tracksuits.

Oh please, crawl back into the hole whence you came. Linking attire to scumbags is just ignorant and immature.

I smell troll poo from you.

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting that people who render animal waste to into value added materials wear tracksuits.

Oh please, crawl back into the hole whence you came. Linking attire to scumbags is just ignorant and immature.

what does " people who render animal waste to into value added materials" mean? if you wear a tracksuit for work, fine, for sport fine!

i am not trolling, but i dont understand why, if you're not a knacker, would you want to wear something that would give people the impression you are? it's like if i went around wearing chinos, dockers, rugby jersey and floppy hair people would think i am a d4 head, and again they are probably right!

listen just coz i believe clothes make the man (or lady!) and that first impressions are important, doesnt mean i am trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

* my definition of knacker may be different from yours mind you, i have often spoken to someone i would call a knacker and they would tell me about knackers in their area and it blows my mind that they dont realise what they are themselves! not saying you are one though...

As a seasoned trackie wearer, I have to say the best nightclub I was ever in was a tracksuit haven :P

It was some crazy spot in London. There was pretty much no dress code, and it was rough as hell.

But I met some quality people that night. Even ended up back at a house party in Hackney. Guys like you who presumably are mad into their clobber would have thought all these people were scum. But they were sound.

Though, while I admit to lovin me tracksuits, I've become a real slave to designer labels in my other clothes over the last year. Must be getting old!

i think your missing his point...

I think so too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I wouldn't wear a tracksuit because I think they look awful, but jeez... if a person wants to wear one to the pub can't they just wear one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Personally I don't wear track bottoms out because of the hassle from pubs in my town. I've worked in a pub where I've had to use the "No runners" rule to refuse people even though there were regulars in the bar with them on.

To be honest. I don't see the big deal if someone wants to wear track gear, feckin pjs, whatever they feel good in as long as they don't expect the rest of the group to refuse to go into a club cause there's a dress code.
    It's a sad attitude that writes people off on first impressions and it's a worse friend who would think less of a mate cause he/she liked to wear tracksuits.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Guys like you who presumably are mad into their clobber would have thought all these people were scum. But they were sound!

i am not into clothes really. by the by I never once stated anywhere that knackers are or are not sound, you can be sound and still be a knacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well if they're sound, they're generally not knackers - isn't a knacker a scumbag?

what does " people who render animal waste to into value added materials" mean? if you wear a tracksuit for work, fine, for sport fine!

i am not trolling, but i dont understand why, if you're not a knacker, would you want to wear something that would give people the impression you are? it's like if i went around wearing chinos, dockers, rugby jersey and floppy hair people would think i am a d4 head, and again they are probably right!

listen just coz i believe clothes make the man (or lady!) and that first impressions are important, doesnt mean i am trolling.

Oh well then your use of that word is not right. If you knew the real meaning of the word then you would know what I mean. Unfortunately you use the word to describe a minority in society. And continue to do so. So the clothes you wear make you the man/woman you are? You could not be more wrong. As you get through puberty and gain some life experience, you will know what I mean. You come across as very condisending.
    tallaght01 wrote: »
    As a seasoned trackie wearer, I have to say the best nightclub I was ever in was a tracksuit haven :P

It was some crazy spot in London. There was pretty much no dress code, and it was rough as hell.

But I met some quality people that night. Even ended up back at a house party in Hackney. Guys like you who presumably are mad into their clobber would have thought all these people were scum. But they were sound.

Though, while I admit to lovin me tracksuits, I've become a real slave to designer labels in my other clothes over the last year. Must be getting old!

More wisdom. Although this man wears tracksuits, and was in a pub full of tracksuit wearers, he lived to tell the tale, how did you do it? You must have had a lot of stab proof vest wearing bodyguards.

The clothes you wear do NOT make you the man/woman you are. Think of it this way, they all wear suits in the dail, right? Yet are most of them not scum?
    RoMiLe wrote: »
    I think so too.

Can you cough up more than 4 words? Please, please enlighten me as to what I missed in your post...

Can you cough up more than 4 words?

One, two, three, four, five.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Well, if the only price to pay for wearing tracksuits is people like BastardPrince assuming that I'm a knacker, i'll continue to wear them whenever it suits me, thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Went to the pub in soccer shorts after training once. Would definitely do it again, comfy as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fcleere

i regularly go to the pub in a tracksuit.i only wear o'neills tracksuits though.
    they are extremely comfortable and plain.ya can get em in black grey etc.i would highly recommend a pair.
    ive also worn shorts into a pub,after a match or such.was very comfortable but had no pockets and got kinda cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'd often to go the pub on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in a tracksuit bottoms and have a pint and watch some football on telly, if I were going out at night I'd go home and stick on jeans, a t-shirt or whatever.

Quite frankly speaking, if people want to judge me for wearing a tracksuit bottom in the pub or anywhere else for that matter, they can go rightly **** themselves, ignorant pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,680 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't see the problem with wearing track suits; fit in well, as pubs usually are just full with the dregs of society!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

STFU

STFU

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Fizman wrote: »
    I think I know your pub! Is it called The High Horse?

Close enough.
    We're casual during the day, tracksuit, shorts or jandles are fine. When its evening (especially thurs-sat) you need to be dressed ok, nothing fancy, just not a like scumbag or wearing sports tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Rabies wrote: »
    Close enough.
    We're casual during the day, tracksuit, shorts or jandles are fine. When its evening (especially thurs-sat) you need to be dressed ok, nothing fancy, just not a like scumbag or wearing sports tops.

Was only kiddin with the previous comment (had to be said ) and I can kinda see where your coming from.

I think its interesting you mentioned sports tops. Could you maybe elaborate? A soccer jersey falls into that category, as does someone wearing a Munster or Leinster rugby jersey. Do all of these fall into the same category for you, therefore resulting in being asked to leave (or get changed)?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Yup. Early week its not a problem.
    On our busier nights it is.
    jersey are a no go at weekends.

Myself and and another guy are managing a bar in the city and we've done some little changes from the last guy. We've managed in increase turn over by over 30% in a few months.
    Treating our corporates better and keeping people that are not wanted out of the bar. By making it a nicer looking environment, without a huge sudden change, you can bring the feel of a place up. People get more comfortable and the old name and problems go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Clothes make the man? lol. You do realise that that is the same as saying 'the higher your income bracket, the better a person you are', don't you?

Anyone who (and sadly I must presume you are included in this because you did make that comment) makes such a large assesment of someone based purely on what they are wearing when you first meet, is completely prejudgemental and shortsighted when it comes to assessing someones character.

Yes of course first impressions are important and certainly very natural. But I would like to think that I would be more attentitive of the persons manners, sense of humour, confidence, friendliness etc than thinking 'omg he's wearing a tracksuit...scumbag' ,,, or 'hmm, shirt and tie, this guy deserves my respect'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Why do people care so much about what other people are wearing?

Advertisement