Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Point connected to a Powerline

Options
  • 22-12-2008 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Belkin N1 router is in the my attic office & I just cant get a decent signal downstairs....

What I'm wondering is if its possible to connect a Powerline/Homeplug to the attic router & then another one downstairs to a wifi access point (I'm using Belkin N1's, so access mode is built in)

I've tried just having the access point on its own, but I seem to lose a chunk of speed & its too far to cable through.

Would this work ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Should work fine I'd say, tried something similar with my Buffalo airstation and homeplugs and worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cheers - decided to give it a go anyways & I'll let you know how I get on - thanks for the reply

Advertisement