Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Landfill Skip Dump for Louth - Hackballscross

Options
  • 22-12-2008 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Thought this might be of interest to some.
    New dump/ landfill, call it what you like at Hackballscross, how he could get permission for such, on a dangerous road like that is beyond me, seen something in the Argus about the locals not being too happy either as landowner is allegedly building unit before planning was even lodged!

Extract from file 081316:
    Permission for a 'resource recovery facility for construction and demolition wastes' together with site office (portacabin type), domestic effluent treatment system, weighbridge, concrete yard, storage bays, the re-alignment of minor public road reference no. LT31252 including a new junction onto the Dundalk-Castleblayney Road (N53) and for all associated works

IPC License Required: No Waste License Required: No

How does he not need a licence :confused:

http://www.louthcoco.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=081316&LASiteID=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

A waste recovery facility is different to landfill.....misleading thread title.

I'd have thought he needed IPPC license and a waste licence, unless they're going to be very selective about what they take in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Thats the point, it is landfill, he's currently flouting planning regs by using land as landfill & constructing silos/storage without permission. Trying to get a waste recovery application in but its not relevant to what the residents say he is currently doing. Thread title is to make others aware that this developer is flouting the planning regs.

Note: I live in the town but family live in this region & I just found out about it this morning. Residents commitee has been formed and have photographic evidence of the developers "alleged" flouting of planning & waste regulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

But sure they dont give a toss.. look at the dump in philipstown.. that's been contaminating water for ages and you can smell it miles away.

Advertisement