Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there any mass at midnight on the 24th?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

I wonder if there will be any church in the city centre where I can go for the mass at midnight on the night of the 24th.
    I'm catholic and I'd like to leave Xmas in a special way this year.
    any help is really appreciated

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Well there's St Bartholomew's on Clyde Road. It's Church of Ireland and has a midnight service with good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

The catholic church on James's Street by the Guinness brewery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 seanpu1

What about cork? Can't find ANYTHING! Ungodly lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I am giving a sermon in Andrew's Lane Theater at exactly midnight. It will be by candlelight and everybody is asked to please bring there own candle. Music will be performed by local vocalist Evelyn O' Keefe and jazz band "The Church Mice". It promises to be a thoroughly spiritual affair and will be enjoyed by all. And to answer the question many of you seem to be asking me; yes, children are especially welcome! Please pm me for more details.

Thanks,
    Fr. J Fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

seanpu1 wrote: »
    What about cork? Can't find ANYTHING! Ungodly lot

It's a Dublin forum ;)
    Blackpitts wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be any church in the city centre where I can go for the mass at midnight on the night of the 24th.

UB wrote: »
    Well there's St Bartholomew's on Clyde Road. It's Church of Ireland and has a midnight service with good music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Blackpitts wrote: »

There's a 9pm mass on in St.Teresa's on Donore Ave, which if you're from Blackpitts would be handy. Saying that it's not a midnight mass, possibly Harrington St church might have a midnight mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Every Church had Midnight Mass at 12 O Clock until about 20 years ago. They had to stop it because when the pubs emptied a great many of the drunks would make their way there as a alternative venue with the Discos being closed and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Clarendon Street 11pm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement