Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi network crashed by wireless video sender

Options
  • 22-12-2008 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Everytime I connect my wireless video sender, it crashes my wifi network.

I've tried every channel combination & even tried a different sender. Any ideas ?

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Change the channel of your Wifi router. Both operate in the 2.4GHz spectrum so they are clashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I've tried that - literally spent the whole weekend firstly changing the VS channel, then cycling through all of the router channels - every one seems to clash -

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

They are incompatible - its as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dub45 wrote: »
    They are incompatible - its as simple as that.

Just to update in case anyone is having the same problem - I finally solved the issue here - more by luck than judgement.

I had been using 128 bit WEP security & as a last resort dropped this to 64 bit & hey presto, everything co-exists happily. No idea why it should work, but it does...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Except your now on 64 Bit WEP. Thats a bigger problem than you started with. Upgrade to WPA as a matter of urgency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

As mentioned, video senders (along with some baby monitors, microwave ovens and probably a load of other stuff) operate in the same frequency range as your 802.11b/g network. Video senders are usually only supposed to use one of up to 4 frequency ranges in the 2.4ghz band but they can have significant bleed over into adjacent ranges. So you should just set your wireless router to use either the first or the last channel and try different bands on the video sender and you should get a happy medium.

Also mentioned, you are using wep and may as well have tied a condom onto your router for all the protection it affords. Use WPA2 with a strong password if you can.

Advertisement