Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you doing for Christmas Day?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just in Sydney about a week now and will be leaving in new years to head down to melbourne. Anyways not sure what will be doing, will probably end up on Bondi beach on Christmas day along with the rest of the Irish getting burnt. Although not sure it will be great as i hear the beach is alcohol free zone and so is an area around it. Anyone know what the story is with this?

Anyways whats everyone doing for Christmas day as a matter of interest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Champagne breakfast with some relations down on the beach. Gonna go down about 8 in the morning til lunch time. Back to mine for a relaxing afternoon and some present opening, then dinner about 6 with the missus then more present opening accompanied by a few alcoholic beverages. Proabably talk to the family back home for a while then stick on Home Alone or the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

BBQ on/near the beach. Or maybe in the park.
    Champagne is a great idea! Think I have a bottle in the house so we'll use that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Was planning on going to an ex-girlfriend's parents house for lunch. They are English so it would most likely have been a good piss up and a laugh. Instead have decided to stay with a friend for a few nights and have an alternative/neo-pagan celebration with him and his hippy next door neighbours from Holland. Liking the sound of this more than paper hats, turkey, ham and mince pies which just seems a bit too predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

probably stay in bed till about 2-3 then have a game of fifa on xbox and go to sleep for a while. Have me dinner at some stage then just have a feed of cans .

seanybiker wrote: »
    probably stay in bed till about 2-3 then have a game of fifa on xbox and go to sleep for a while. Have me dinner at some stage then just have a feed of cans .
    Get your ass down to 'stralia matey.

I'll have a slab of beer at the ready and cane your ass on FIFA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

My mum and sis will be landing on Xmas eve so they're gunna be rightly jetlagged for Xmas day! Not much planned, a few steaks and beers and then go for a nice walk somewhere by the sea if its not raining (which it looks like it might be going to :( )

Isnt it really weird being warm in December though? I dont beleive in Xmas at all but its actually quite nice having it in the warm. Anything outdoors is a bonus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dSTAR wrote: »
    Get your ass down to 'stralia matey.

I'll have a slab of beer at the ready and cane your ass on FIFA :D
    If ya have xbox live ill play ya. Post over the beer

seanybiker wrote: »
    If ya have xbox live ill play ya. Post over the beer
    Nice try but no cigar.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dezzy94

Ill be sitting on my butt in front of the computer all day i think !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ok so i know everyone goes to Bondi so whats the story with it does anyone know? IS it any craic and whats the story with having a few beers down there? Is it a matter of sitting in a packed pub near the beach having a few beers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

chris85 wrote: »
    Ok so i know everyone goes to Bondi so whats the story with it does anyone know? IS it any craic and whats the story with having a few beers down there? Is it a matter of sitting in a packed pub near the beach having a few beers?

No alcohol on bondi, tamarra or bronte, and this is strictly policed. I went one year and it was fun, but once and for an hour was enough for me, people tend to have a few drinks and then hit the beach - which if you know bondi beach you know that is a recipe for disaster.

hussey wrote: »
    ...people tend to have a few drinks and then hit the beach - which if you know bondi beach you know that is a recipe for disaster.
    To be shown on a future episode of Bondi Rescue being pulled from the waves by some of the surf lifesavers. Ever notice that when they do show Irish backpackers (invariably drunk) on the show they have to use sub-titles. No sure if it is because they are so sloshed they can hardly speak or you just cant understand their thick accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Hows the weather looking? Is there much public transport on?

Was thinking of hitting Bondi early catch the buzz then have a big dinner booked at 3 mmmm wont be fit for much after that other then beers and TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

preddy wrote: »
    Hows the weather looking? Is there much public transport on?

Was thinking of hitting Bondi early catch the buzz then have a big dinner booked at 3 mmmm wont be fit for much after that other then beers and TV :)

26c mostly sunny - yes public transport runs on a sunday/holiday timetable, so buses etc are around

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Only 25 here today but it feels a lot hotter with the sun beaming.

Looking like 28/29 for tomorrow. I'd prefer 5 degrees or so higher.

weather in sydney hasnt been great the last few days anyways, was even some rain today which i had not really planned on seeing till i get to melbourne :rolleyes:

Hopefully its good tomorrow, will probably end up sleeping in a little. then having a big breakfast and then hit a bar near the beach and just chill out for the afternoon having a few beers into the night and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

We were planning bbq, but the weather has been **** for the past two days. Don't know if it's gonna improve by the morn.
    Couple of friends coming over for dinner and drinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

A couple from Sligo (I think Sligo....well, not Dublin in anyways) have been cool enough to envite a few of us over to thier apartment for Christmas dinner and a rake of alcohol. Should be good craic, even though she said she ain't cooking a turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Bring a chicken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Happy Xmas all!

Ill be getting up sometime in the morning, opening presents, then watching all the old xmas favourits. Then going for dinner at a hotel. After then we are having drinks with an english family we are renting of. Plenty of wine to go around hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Well it's here, feel like a big kid. Happy Christmas Oz & NZ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Gah am nursing my Chrimbo Day hangover. Had Christmas dinner and a feed of beers, followed by some port, butterscotch schnapps and more beer. Was a pleasant 27 degrees, so sat outside at a picnic table for most of the afternoon, beering and smoking a cigar till the sun went down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

girlfriend was shocked yesterday, she went to her mothers for about 3 hours, by the time she got back I had drank and smoked meself unconiouious, took her about 3 more hours to wake me up :D

I love Christmas, she asked me what I was gonna do, I said sit under the house with a bag of weed and a carton of tooheys, yet she were surprised to come home ando find that thats exactly what I did :rolleyes:

great afternoon tho

had big breakfast and hit Cooggee beach and had few beers there and me and the OH grabbed a talk away cooked chicken and all the trimmings and had that back at the hostel which was a bit of craic and very different to my usual back home. Then headed over to a friends and drank till the wee hours. Hangover wasnt too bad fortunately as went to the races in Randwick the following day and won a good bit of money!!!!!

Good overall

Advertisement