Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Problem!! Help Reiller RDB

Options
  • 22-12-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I have a Reiller RDB. I think i let the oil run dry(but not sure so got refill). When oil man came I tested it and it fired up straight away so he said its fine it doesnt need bled. However after he left i tried to fire it up serval times again and it wouldnt work.

I opened it up and decided it might need bled, eventually I found the place to bleed it using an allen key. Some air come out then some oil spurted so I put it back in. However I while trying to find the location to bleed burner I turned the oil pressure gauge( I think this was a bad move). Now the heating will come on only when I press the red button once, but will only stay on for about 20 mins or so. ( I think that when the thermostat reached its correct temperature it switchs burner off and it wont fire back up unless I press the red button)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 stillbornalive

hi colly unfortunately moving or adjusting the pressure gauge will cause problems. you might not be getting enough pressure to atomize the fuel or too much. do not try and adjust this yourself get a service engineer to look after it for you.

Also you man have caused a slight air lock in the fuel line, again bleeding sorts that. If the tank is old and has never been cleaned (over 8-10 years old ) you could have debris in the fuel line even al the way up to and in ti the pump

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colly1

thanks for reply, Thes system is just new Ive only moved in about 2 months. I read on other posts that if your screw the pressure gauge tight and then unscrew 10 times it should find the correct pressure. Should this be tried or should I leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

It's a pressure adjusting screw. Try screwing it in fully and counting the number of turns. About 12 to 15 half turns is correct for kerosene. Naturally it should be checked with a pressure gauge, but you should be ok with the above. Of course you should get a service engineer to check it out.
    Jim.

Dont do that. kerosene is unstable at over 15 bar pressure do not attempt this. Get a service engineer to sort this for you

Dont do that. kerosene is unstable at over 15 bar pressure do not attempt this. Get a service engineer to sort this for you

I am afraid that you don't understand the Riello oil pump. 15 half turns out from fully in, is nowhere near 15 bar, it is somewhere between 8 and 10, at the most. This may keep the burner going until he gets a service engineer, as I suggested !
    Jim.

• Advertisement

Oops, my bad, thats what i get for not reading the previous reply ha ha

Oops, my bad, thats what i get for not reading the previous reply ha ha

It is the DIY forum, so we take a chance and give some advice :D
    Although the best advice is usually "Get a service engineer"

Happy Christmas Everyone :)
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 davidquinn

I service oil boilers in the Dublin Meath area if you interested. just p.m me.

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8 colly1

Hi everyone thanks for the help. Got a service engineer out at 5oclock on christmas eve pump was faulty and he replaced it and now its running fine. Talking to a neighbour in the deveolpment and they said they had exactly the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cormac_Doyle

David ... can't PM you coz I've only made one other post ...

I was wondering if you could answer a (relatively) simple question ...

I have an external Kerosene "cosyman 60/95" boiler and a 950 litre kerosene tank that the people who built my home 2 years ago conveniently located *smack* in the middle of my fu**ing rear lawn.

At least by "eye-balling" the situation, both the tank and the boiler would fit in the "side passage" between the gable-end of my home and the boundary wall ... and since there is an access way running down the other side of the boundary wall, I can move my side gate there instead.

What would be the approximate cost of moving the tank and boiler in this situation? I would not envisage doing this work until the summer, and consequently am confident that the tank will be empty ...

Oh yeah ... I live out in the stix (Meath, or Outer Mongolia ... not sure which :) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement