Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing of Order without notification

Options
  • 22-12-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Sorry this is long but it is frustrating the hell out of me.

So I made an order with 80's Purple (avoid!), a US based company. They had a 30% off sale on top of already reduced items.

So I saw a very nice hoody reduced from $130 to $99 so I stuck it in the cart and thought I'd see if there was anything else seeing as I'd be paying for international shipping. I added another $57 Hoody and $10 T-shirt.

The order went through on the Sat, 29th of Nov and I thought all was well. The confirmation had all items accounted for. Total was $129.90 They sent me an email the same day to asking me to confirm my billing address which I did.

I heard nothing from them after that, and couldnt log into my account as there was a problem with their site.
    So I emailed them on the 7th of Dec asking what the status was.

I then was told "We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, but our records show that your order has been put on hold because we encountered billing problems. We emailed you regarding this issue already to the email address provided on the account. We need you to provide us with your credit card information, which is the credit card number and the customer service phone number on the back of your card. This information is needed so we can contact your bank and have them authorize us to process and ship your package. Please understand this is a certain procedure we take with international orders"

I check my email (incl. junk) all the time they didn't send me any email asking for those details.I sent them the info anyway.

11th December, "Thanks for the update. We will verify the information given in the next 1-2 business days, if we encounter any problems we will notify you. Thank you for the patience"

16th December, got an email like the original order confirmation that had a total of $59.90. I imeadiatley asked why the total was so low.

17th December
    , rang the US and twice and got answering machine. Left message.

18th December, was emailed and told the $99 Hoody I wanted was out of stock. I sent an email the same day asking to cancel the order as I only really wanted the hoody and the other Items were just "add-ons". I also asked why they hadn't told me this before in the numerous other emails.

22nd December, package arrived today. They havent contacted me since.

Sister stupidly signed for it.

Sorry its so long, but Its a good record for myself.

Surely this is wrong, you can't change someones order and ship it without telling them? Im going to get on to the CC company to see If I can get my money back.

I don't see why I should have to pay for shipping to return the hoody either.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Ring your credit card company and tell them you want to apply for a chargeback. They will give you details on how to go about this.

Boo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But they didn't change the order, they just left something out. You did order the hoody and t-shirt, which they sent, as the other item was out of stock. If you want a refund, you'll have to return the items you did receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

jor el wrote:
    You did order the hoody and t-shirt, which they sent, as the other item was out of stock. If you want a refund, you'll have to return the items you did receive.

Im beginning to think they didnt have the hoody in stock at all, you have to admit it is bad form on their part. I shop online alot and this is just the first time I've seen anything like it.

How hard is it to say, "By the way, Item XXXX is not in stock."?

If it wasn't in stock they shouldnt have sent me a confirmation of what I ordered.

Guess I'll have to keep them because Im not paying $30 to send it back.

W*****s

Advertisement