Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity prediction comp.

• 22-12-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

O'K we will be doing the 2009 prediction competition in the next couple of weeks, now this is the idea? Rockman suggested that we pay 10 euro to enter and the winner can donate the winnings to a charity of his choice, when entered you can state your chosen charity..

anyone interested let me know here, we can work out a way of paying, i would ask that 1 of the mods looks after this=:D

Bigears maybe? as he always plays the comp!
    paypal or something

Even if your not in it to win it it would be giving money to charity so its a good cause either way...

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

cowzerp wrote: »
    O'K we will be doing the 2009 prediction competition in the next couple of weeks, now this is the idea? Rockman suggested that we pay 10 euro to enter and the winner can donate the winnings to a charity of his choice, when entered you can state your chosen charity..

anyone interested let me know here, we can work out a way of paying, i would ask that 1 of the mods looks after this=:D

Bigears maybe? as he always plays the comp!
    paypal or something

Even if your not in it to win it it would be giving money to charity so its a good cause either way...

Not me Paul; as I am skeptical of charity
    to be honest! I'd hate to think MY money
    went to a charity and the charity didn't really see much
    of it!

But, fair play for the idea and I hope it works out.
    Just my view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

^^^^^^^
    :rolleyes:

Anyway ,Think it's a great idea,
    What great example of humanity thought of this :D

Count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yep count me in to Cowzer mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

me too. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm in as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great lads, now, how are we going to go about it?
    we need a way of getting the money secured, anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭03mcgs0

Count me in.

Fair dues cowzerp it must be a pain in the arse adding up the points all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well count me in, but unfortunately I can't really organise the money side of things. I don't have a paypal account myself so I'm going to need my sisters or a friends help just to enter.

Paul I'm sure people would trust you over the money side of things but I realise you perhaps wouldn't want to have the burden of doing that aswell as running the comp.

Walshb you mightn't be keen of entering but perhaps you be willing to look after the money issue for us ?

i'll do it! I have a paypal account, we'll organise it during the week. :)

Big Ears wrote: »
    Well count me in, but unfortunately I can't really organise the money side of things. I don't have a paypal account myself so I'm going to need my sisters or a friends help just to enter.

Paul I'm sure people would trust you over the money side of things but I realise you perhaps wouldn't want to have the burden of doing that aswell as running the comp.

Walshb you mightn't be keen of entering but perhaps you be willing to look after the money issue for us ?
    I have a pay pal account if that is any use?

BTW, just so we're clear, my issue is with the charities, not you
    guys. Some very god charities, but some real dodgy ones

• Advertisement

The first week of the New Year would suit ,With a 3 year old and a 5 year old to say the credit cards are stretched would be an under statement :D Just need to wait for some cash to start flowing back the nice direction:D . Will be ready by the 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭Big Ears

walshb wrote: »
    I have a pay pal account if that is any use?

BTW, just so we're clear, my issue is with the charities, not you
    guys. Some very god charities, but some real dodgy ones

Ya that's understandable, and I think that's the impression most of us got from your first post.

It's why I was wondering if we could have the money donated to a boxing club in the terms of equipment so would could physically see the improvement, but then again with part of the prize being our choice of charity that's not really possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭03mcgs0

Great stuff, hope numbers will be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

count me in, But I am going to be away for about 3 weeks from tomorrow. I will sort whoever out when I come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Im in !!
    I havent got paypal though , and cant get my account organised due to a few difficulties.

Im happy to send a 10'er cash , I'll trust Cowzer-P :eek::confused: .....:D:D

Yes ,... I say a charity of our choice, and if somebody prefers then they can give to a boxing club should they win.

Excellent idea.

And also just a small note to say:
    THANKS A MILLION to COWZERP for all the effort he took to post the entire years competition poll's , keep an eye on the participants, tot up the scores and re-print a updated competition standings !!

In case people dont realise, ... all this is very very time consuming , and he gets nothing in return !!

Ya that's understandable, and I think that's the impression most of us got from your first post.

It's why I was wondering if we could have the money donated to a boxing club in the terms of equipment so would could physically see the improvement, but then again with part of the prize being our choice of charity that's not really possible.

Think thats a very good idea, with the likes of yourself and nacho around I doubt it would be my winning choice but if it is ??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

ODD-JOB wrote: »

THANKS A MILLION to COWZERP for all the effort he took to post the entire years competition poll's , keep an eye on the participants, tot up the scores and re-print a updated competition standings !!

In case people dont realise, ... all this is very very time consuming , and he gets nothing in return !!

+1

It's why I was wondering if we could have the money donated to a boxing club in the terms of equipment so would could physically see the improvement,.

Big Ears your chosen boxing club is a fine choice for the money if you choose that, i would be all for the money going to an actual charity or else a non profit boxing club as they provide a great service and would make use of the money, even if it just bought 1 bag for the club!

Ps, we'll start the comp at the start of 09 but after january we'll delete players who are not participating in the charity event! this will give everyone time to get your money into the comp, my paypal address is cowzerp@yahoo.com, as far as i know you'd need to put about 11 euro in for it to be worth 10 euro! as they have there own charge for payments.also leave your nickname on boards on the notes so i know who sent the payments!.if anyone wants to post the money to me pm me and i'll give you my addres!

ODD-JOB wrote: »

Hear, hear!

This year we are doing the competition for charity, the winner of the competition can donate the money to any charity or non profit boxing club if they choose! to join the competition its 10 euro or 11 euro if paying through paypal! anyone can predict for the 1st couple of weeks but the paid up members names will be in a different colour, after a few weeks the non paying players will be removed from the comp.

Even non players are welcome to donate money to the game, the more money we can build up the better for the winners charity..Enjoy.

scores.
    10 points for correct winner
    30 bonus for correct round
    50 for a draw as they are harder to guess
    5 for guessing a decision or KO win.

• Advertisement

Nacho Libre 15
    Rockman 15
    Bigears 15
    f1dan 15
    Dr Mason 15
    MBC 15
    Cowzerp 10
    evad_ihorg 10

The red indicates that the payment has been made and they are in the competition officially, get your money in lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭sligobhoy67

Nacho Libre 15
    Rockman 15
    Bigears 15
    f1dan 15
    Dr Mason 15
    MBC 15
    Cowzerp 10
    evad_ihorg 10

The red indicates that the payment has been made and they are in the competition officially, get your money in lads..

darn, missed one frickin week!

how do I pay?

Nacho Libre 30
    Rockman 30
    Bigears 30
    f1dan 30
    Dr Mason 30
    MBC 30
    Cowzerp 25
    evad_ihorg 25
    ODD JOB 15
    Megadodge 15
    Sligobhoy67 15
    Joepenguin 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

does the comp start again at the end of January or just continue on from where it is now with the people that put there money in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

any chance i can just mail you the cash :p

The comp has started, just waiting for payments still-the cash can be mailed to me or by paypal, its a yearly comp, jan-the end of dec, people can join at any stage, remember its for charity so it does not matter who wins, and its a bit of craic!

i will be removing all the unpayed players at the end of jan and the comp will continue with the payed players in it.

As always, pm me if i made any mistakes!

Nacho Libre 45
    f1dan 45
    Dr Mason 45
    Bigears 45
    Cowzerp 40
    Rockman 40
    MBC 40
    evad_ihorg 35
    Sligobhoy67 30
    Megadodge 30
    ODD JOB 30
    T-K-O 15
    Joepenguin 15
    dlofnep 10

The red indicates that the payment has been made and they are in the competition officially, get your money in lads...Sligobhoy67 is in now!
    its not too late to join the comp either..

MBC 50
    Nacho Libre 45
    f1dan 45
    Dr Mason 45
    Bigears 45
    Cowzerp 40
    Rockman 40
    ODD JOB 40
    evad_ihorg 35
    Sligobhoy67 30
    Megadodge 30
    T-K-O 15
    Joepenguin 15
    dlofnep 10

The Red indicates that the payment has been made and they are in the competition officially, get your money in lads...

MBC 50
    Nacho Libre 45
    f1dan 45
    Dr Mason 45
    Bigears 45
    Cowzerp 40
    Rockman 40
    ODD JOB 40
    evad_ihorg 35
    Sligobhoy67 30
    Megadodge 30
    T-K-O 15
    Joepenguin 15
    dlofnep 10

The Red indicates that the payment has been made and they are in the competition officially, get your money in lads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

Can i still play? i know i will be starting way behind, but if i can still join in i would like to. Let me know, and i will send the money

Advertisement