Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staple stitches

Options
  • 22-12-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

hi

just want a bit of advice and im curious i had an operation in my lower back and belly 12th Dec and i recieved alot of staple stiches and my surgeon gave me a letter told me that my gp would remove the stiches. so on the 20th the nurse from my gp office rang me and told me that they cud remove them before xmas if there was just a few stitches but because there is so many they cant do them til after xmas.

wile in hospital my surgeon set me up with an appointment to see him on the 23rd dec but told me to ring a certain lady and she would give me appointment time, so i did that and she told me "there is no clinic on that date" and gave me an apointmnet for 6th Jan which is near 3 weeks after the operation.

so basically no one can help me take them out before xmas and im curious are they dangerous to be left in for that length of time or is it ok once i keep an eye on them for infection.. and also would the skin not start growing over them and after xmas when they do come out would it be harder for doctors to take them out then

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

This is not a medical forum. You will have to contact a doctor, or other qualified individual for advice on such matters.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement