Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 mms settings for MWG Zinc II

• 22-12-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,

would anyone have wap or gprs settings for this phone??? i have rang o2 and also gone into one of their stores and they are being very unhelpful.

I can send and recieve texts ok but just not mms!!!!

only bought the phone from expansys.ie but didnt think to check if it would be ok on 02.

anyone any ideas? i have put in the following settings but still wont work :

MMSC Settings, make sure O2 MMS settings are ticked then go to MENU, EDIT and ensure DATA CONNECTIONS is set to THE INTERNET, Gateway is WAP 1.0, IP Address is 193.113.200.195, Port is 9201, Encoding is BINARY and then switch phone off and back on.

I cant find where "binary" is on phone

also tried

WAP2.0
    Profile Name: O2 Ireland
    Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    APN: internet
    Bearer: GPRS

still not working

PLEASE ANYONE HELP, surely settings from a similar type phone maybe palm treo 750 would work? but they wont send to my phone from 02.ie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

well all of the settings you have above are wrong, where did you get them? it's not wap 1.0, i don't know where that ip address came from and the port is wrong. you most likely got the second ones from this site but those are the internet settings, not the mms ones

here are the o2 mms settings:

connection name: o2 MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN:wap.dol.ie
    username:user
    prompt password:no
    password:user
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS):automatic
    proxy address:62.40.32.40
    proxy port:8080

the menus on your phone will be different but it'll just be asking for that information with different headings

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Nixer95

thanks a mill for that i will try them now, just to let you know i found an auto config on the phone but it picked up 02uk, will i have to take any of these settings out?

help, cant seem to find some info, here is my screen:

SERVER NAME : 02 MMS

GATEWAY: ?

PORT NUMBER : 8080

SERVER ADDRESS: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002

CONNECT VIA: ? in there it has "the wap network, the internet, secure wap network" etc ??????

SEND LIMIT: 100k, 200k, 300k ????

WAP VERSION: 2.0 or 1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

SERVER NAME : 02 MMS

GATEWAY: 62.40.32.40

PORT NUMBER : 8080

SERVER ADDRESS: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002

CONNECT VIA: most likely wap network but try all three

SEND LIMIT: 100k (i think. it shouldn't make much of a difference)

WAP VERSION: 2.0

thanks a mill for your help got it working!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭purplepug

thanks sam.. used these settings and got my cect t200+ working :D am delighted

hi there

i have since changed my phone to a blackberry pearl 8100, anyone have o2 mms settings for it? are they the same if so where do i put them in as i cant seem to find any mms settings menu.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RalphieG

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I have a MWG Zinc II which I also bought from expansys.

I am on Vodafone, and have tried isp.vodafone.ie and .com with 'dublin' as the password but no use - I have no internet or MMS/ picture messaging.

Any other vodafone users with a MWG Zinc II? If so, what settings are you using?? Vodafone just told me they do not support my handset, although I have managed to get other WM devices to work no problems.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

RalphieG wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I have a MWG Zinc II which I also bought from expansys.

I am on Vodafone, and have tried isp.vodafone.ie and .com with 'dublin' as the password but no use - I have no internet or MMS/ picture messaging.

Any other vodafone users with a MWG Zinc II? If so, what settings are you using?? Vodafone just told me they do not support my handset, although I have managed to get other WM devices to work no problems.

Thanks.

If you can use the ISP APN with your sim in another handset, then it would most probably be the APN settings on your MWG Zinc II that are stopping your handset from connecting.

I recommend you have a look though the settings guides in the FAQs and if you have any more questions, ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RalphieG

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If you can use the ISP APN with your sim in another handset, then it would most probably be the APN settings on your MWG Zinc II that are stopping your handset from connecting.

I recommend you have a look though the settings guides in the FAQs and if you have any more questions, ask away.

Thanks for the link - I'll read and play around with the settings tomorrow when I have the time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

Hi Guys
    I am using a mwg zinc II on vodafone and cant get mms working.
    I have looked at the mms settings on vodafone and still cant do it.
    Have any of u had any luck

Advertisement