Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing with no Internet Connection

Options
  • 22-12-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

I registered with Stream online, however when i am in my cave for Christmas i will have no internet. Is an Internet connection required, and if so is there a way around this.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

No worries, you'll be fine.

Online access is only needed for first-time startup and installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

SofaK wrote: »
    Online access is only needed for first-time startup and installation.

not necessarily true. Steam requires you to log in periodically, but i think it's monthly or something...

but yeah, you should be fine for the hols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Do you have the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Search for 'steam' in the files and folders and open the .exe files. You'll see a file called fm09 and just Create a shortcut on desktop to fm09 this way and you'll never have to be online again. Its what I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

glenjamin wrote: »
    Do you have the disc?

I do indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I do indeed.

Then you don't need to be online. If you're offline Steam will ask you if you want to start up in Offline Mode.

Advertisement