Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illegal taxis

• 22-12-2008 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

how do folks?
    after another night out over the weekend i was left in town looking for a taxi home. being closing time, and the time of year thats in it, the town was mobbed. i took a stroll away from the taxi ranks to try flag one down, as the ranks were overflowing. anyway a car stopped and a chap lets me in and i'm on my way. talkin to the chap it turns out he wasn't a taxi at all, but some nights he'll pick up a few people and ferry them about. i didn't really care, he got me home, he was cheap, alls good. i was talking to my sister the next day and she says but what if he killed ya?
    is this a real fear for the female population?
    and what do ye think of the whole illegal taxi thing in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not insured to carry paying members of the public, no ID - could be anyone.

Tis lucky you weren't buggered sideways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

longshanks wrote: »
    how do folks?
    after another night out over the weekend i was left in town looking for a taxi home. being closing time, and the time of year thats in it, the town was mobbed. i took a stroll away from the taxi ranks to try flag one down, as the ranks were overflowing. anyway a car stopped and a chap lets me in and i'm on my way. talkin to the chap it turns out he wasn't a taxi at all, but some nights he'll pick up a few people and ferry them about. i didn't really care, he got me home, he was cheap, alls good. i was talking to my sister the next day and she says but what if he killed ya?
    is this a real fear for the female population?
    and what do ye think of the whole illegal taxi thing in general?

Sore arse much ??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

mike65 wrote: »
    Not insured to carry paying members of the public, no ID - could be anyone.

Tis lucky you weren't buggered sideways!
    KTRIC wrote: »
    Sore arse much ??:D

after a few days on the guinness yes, i do have a sore arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Just out of curosity does an offical Taxi driver with insurance automatically mean your safe from buggering?

We should take this high regard of Taxi drivers over to AH and see what they think :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Guessing you're sober now..and you still don't see anything wrong with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

su_dios wrote: »
    Guessing you're sober now..and you still don't see anything wrong with it?

yes i've been sober for about ten hours now. one hour at a time and all that.
    seriously though, i know its a bit dodgy but i dont like being in around town at closing time, lots of pissheads itching for a row. so i figured the lesser of two evils. the crowd i was with were after heading in the opposite direction to me, so i was on me todd. and when i'm drunk its been said i'm not the best at making decisions. still though the chap was sound and i never felt threatened. (maybe i wasn't his type?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'd stick to an officially licensed taxi. There's too many taxis in waterford at the moment, and alot of drivers are not earning enough to make a decent living. These type of guys are taking customers away from those who drive for a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I'm not the shortest of chaps, and even I would not get into a unlicensed "Taxi" . It really is not the best of ideas.

Advertisement