Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland Setting For Google G1

Options
  • 22-12-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Thought this could be usefull to some people. Just got the MMS settings correct there about 2 hours ago and they work fine, can send and recieve no problem now.

I have 2 APN's set.

The first one, for internet access is as follows

Name: 3 ireland
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    Proxy: None
    Port: None
    Username: None
    Password: None
    Server: 3ireland.ie
    MMSC: None
    MMS proxy: None
    MMS port: None
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 05
    APN Type: None

The Second APN i have set which is for the MMS settings is as follows

Name: 3MMS
    Server: None
    MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    MMS Proxy: mms.3ireland.ie
    MMS Port: 8799

Where i have None just leave the field blank on the phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

That works for me. All internet programmes bar the browser work. When I try to use the browser I get that stupid splash screen. When I click on continue it says I don't have cookies enabled (which I do). Do you have a similar issue?

Thanks,

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

Ya i get that all the time. im going to ring them and get them to disable that, but from what im reading it will take a lot of calls to the before they actually do it

Yeah, I just tried that. The tech guy said it wasn't possible. I might try emailing them to see if I can get it done. has anyone had any success with them regarding this?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

joerules wrote: »
    Yeah, I just tried that. The tech guy said it wasn't possible. I might try emailing them to see if I can get it done. has anyone had any success with them regarding this?

they won't help you and they will tell you all manner of lies. they also might cancel your account if you tell them you're using a non 3 phone

the settings above should work. are you sure you entered them exactly as they are above

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    they won't help you and they will tell you all manner of lies. they also might cancel your account if you tell them you're using a non 3 phone

the settings above should work. are you sure you entered them exactly as they are above
    They will not suspend your account he you are not using a 3 handset after all they sell sim packs on there own now.

• Advertisement

Yeah, all is set up fine. I wonder is it because I'm using a devel edition of the phone. It's strange how 3 think my phone doesn't have cookies enabled.

Walkman wrote: »
    They will not suspend your account he you are not using a 3 handset after all they sell sim packs on there own now.

they threatened to do it on me before a few times so they must have changed that
    joerules wrote: »
    It's strange how 3 think my phone doesn't have cookies enabled.

what makes you say that?

what makes you say that?

the message they give me is to enable cookies.

you mean that when you go on the internet it tells you that it'll cost you x amount per mb and so that you only see the message once a day you should enable cookies?

Yeah, I get that message. Then when I click on continue I go to a screen which tells me to enable cookies. I can't go beyond this screen.

• Advertisement

that's because of a problem they introduced last september which they only seem to be fixing on a case by case basis.

you'll need to call them and explain that you're having this problem. before you call you should turn your phone off and take the battery out and try it again because they will tell you to do that and won't go any further until you do.

don't tell them you're using a g1 or they will almost certainly blame that and not help you.

they need to change something on their end so that you don't get that message anymore. no amount of resetting your phone or turning it off and on will fix the problem and don't let them tell you it will

Well, I rang up them up there twice. they went through the usual reset your phones, battery & SIM card etc.. I told them I'd done all that. he said he disabled the marketing section and to give it a few minutes. I doubt that'll work. Do you have any idea what to ask for when I call them? I describe the issue and they seem to get confused. lol

as i see it they try to make whatever you say fit into one of the items on their script so they only half listen to you

I'm not sure what to ask for. I tried for two months without success then i told them that java apps weren't working and two days later the slash screen went away. I don't know if what i said had anything to do with it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭romperstomper

guys, is there something I am doing wrong?

yesteday: bought sim and registered it. rang 3 and did age verification.
    today: bought credit (voucher in shop, WTF) and bought mobile internet add -on from site. rang support and they confirmed that its all looking fine from their side.

i can make and receive calls/txts no problems but for the life of me I cannot connect to 3g services. When I open the browser it goes straight to:

http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/hutchkey

(help)

BTW i'm on 3-pay (prepaid)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Thought this could be usefull to some people. Just got the MMS settings correct there about 2 hours ago and they work fine, can send and recieve no problem now.

Cheers for the settings - now to figure out how to get the default browser to get around the "cookies" issue...

Currently the only 'fix' is to go to the app store and download and install Opera Mini. It doesn't have any issues with the cookies.
    The only problem is that its not the default browser and also that it uses a proxy of sorts so your data received isn't 100% private

it's not the only fix. I managed to get them to fix it for me after two months and about ten phone calls........yeah you're right it's the only fix :D

But when i had the problem om wouldn't work along with most other java apps

it's not the only fix. I managed to get them to fix it for me after two months and about ten phone calls........yeah you're right it's the only fix :D

But when i had the problem om wouldn't work along with most other java apps

Well, its the only fix that doesn't require 10 phone calls to their crap telephone support :cool:

What was your other problem with java apps?

basically they couldn't connect to the internet. I just assumed they were trying to connect and were getting redirected to the splash page themselves. When the splash page went away they all worked again

anyone out there with a fix for this? or is there a way to change the default browser on the G1 to steel/opera mini??

(thanks)

• Advertisement

update: stuck in vodafone sim and added isp.vodafone.ie as an apn and the default browser works. so obviously something 3 related with the default browser failing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

kerbdog wrote: »
    Cheers for the settings - now to figure out how to get the default browser to get around the "cookies" issue...

I could be wrong on this but i just noticed this in the spec for the cupcake update for android thats these features will be added:
    • Support for HTTP codes 301, 302, 303 and 307 (redirects).
    • HTTP code 503 is now handled, with support for retry-after in delay-seconds.

I think this could be the reason that the browser is not working on the three network. As when you click contine, the three page redirects you.
    And if redirection support is only being brought in with the cupcake update then it's not there now.

I could be wrong though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

This is seen on some Sony Ericsson's, I think ones like the K660i and K700i on the 3 IRL network. Try my cinema guide with a Sony Ericsson on 3 IRL and you'll get an error HTTP: 302 as the phone's JVM don't follow the redirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

I have 2 APN's set.

The first one, for internet access is as follows

Name: 3 ireland
    MMSC: None
    MMS proxy: None
    MMS port: None

The Second APN i have set which is for the MMS settings is as follows

Name: 3mms

Where i have None just leave the field blank on the phone.

Sorry to bump an old thread but would it not be possible to combine both of them settings into one apn? the mms section of the first one would only be used by mms, and thats all the second one is..

Name: 3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Name: 3

Hey lads/ladies.

Need a little help. I recently got a new iphone, unlocked and sim free. It came direct from the manufacturers. It was a gift for a family member but they could not get used to it and so i ended up with it.

I am on 3Ireland. I rang their helpline for the above info on setting up browser, MMS, etc. All works fine except the MMS. I have the information above inputed but i still cannot get it working. Below i have outlined the setup and information that i inputed for the settings. Could someone with more knowledge than me review it and see if i've missed something or typed in the information incorrectly.

MMS

APN - 3ireland.ie
    Username - "blank"
    Password - "blank"
    MMSC - http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    MMS Proxy - mms.3ireland.ie:8799

That is all the iphone allows for in settings. I noticed from the info post that the proxy and port are seperate. Does this need to be the case because as mentioned its not an option.

Apologies for the questions but i'm a complete iphone virgin and know nothing about them.

Thanks in advance.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

xx

Advertisement