Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harsh banning in AH.

Options
  • 22-12-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

In the thread "Tracksuits in the pub" the OP made a comment about how admitting he wore a tracksuit to the pub would result in people calling him an unemployed scumbag and so on.

From the second page:
    Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Oh tracksuit bottoms?? Why didn't you say so. You know you're a very misleading person you unemployed piece of scum!! If you had said you were wearing tracksuit bottoms then I would have voted yes but I was picturing a full on tracksuit my God. And yet at one point you said "top to bottom in Adidas" like ffs tell your story right you lovely person.
    Cheeky_gal was then banned. Perhaps this poster, who I do not know, has a history of something but were they seriously banned for this? Surely it's clear that her "unemployed piece of scum" comment was in reference to the opening post and her finishing off with "you lovely person" was to say that only wearing tracksuit bottoms and not a full tracksuit meant the poster wasn't actually an unemployed piece of scum?

Were the tongue in cheek detectors permanently disabled?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best off PM'ing the mod about it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

That thread needed abit of manners put on it. Things could have gotten out of hand methinks.

Oh and......

Beam me up Scootah!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

You know you're a very misleading person ,you unemployed piece of scum!
    To me that sounds like an insult directed at person'
    Attack the post, not the poster.
    Yea she does have a history and I think she deserved it.
    If it is not a permanent ban then who care.

Then again my eyes are broke today .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It was a personal insult tbh, ban deserved

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    You know you're a very misleading person you unemployed piece of scum!!

That comment deserved a ban.
    Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement