Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Guard (proxy)

Options
  • 22-12-2008 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Has anyone ever used this?

http://www.btguard.com/

Any thoughts? Can you really be anonymous with it? Would they themselves pry into your activity?

I'm not interested in doing anything illegal. I just like the thought of true anonymity. I've been having trouble with download managers, and there are a few BIG files I want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

why not look into onion routing/tor ;) never used BT proxy myself so can't say anything about it. If you're worried about people spying on what you're downloading / doing, have a look at peer guardian. Are you looking into a proxy to bypass throttling? Also BT proxy is a paid for service, where as if you're looking for anonymity tor will do the job for ya (free). Don't know if you can bypass throttling with it, never tried :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

How would you use tor with uTorrent?

Advertisement