Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training licence???

Options
  • 22-12-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Lads any more word on the training licence for 14 year olds? as my fella is wrecking me head at the moment, or has minister Ahern chucked that in the bin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm pretty sure it's still in the un-commenced parts of CJB 2006, but who knows where all that stands with the Minister talking about a whole new tranche of legislation.
    It's been 'coming soon' for so long now that the young lad who I was planning for one when he turned 14 has long since turned 16 and has his own full licence now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

It's down to selective commencement again, we seem to get a lot of that ! If I brought him to the range and sat with him could he shoot my gun or a club gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

At the range, yes - section 2(4)(d) of the Act permits that. Assuming the range/club rules permit it, of course.
    If hunting though, no, 2(4)(d) doesn't cover that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

there is a lot of over 14s could do with been put on one .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

jwshooter wrote: »

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

jwshooter wrote: »

+1 :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Actually Section 28 of the CJA 2006 was commenced by SI no 848 of 2007.

The effective date for commencement was 1st January 2008.

Edit: My eyesight must be letting me down, it was section 38 that was commenced, not section 28.

So training certs are not commenced yet.

Advertisement