Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Life on Nokia E51

• 22-12-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Got a new Nokia E51 on Friday - was told by shop assistant that it would have a battery life of 4 days at a time - was told to let it completely die twice and fully charge it to get best battery life

anyway i charged it up Sunday morning after it died on Saturday night - after being only started up on Friday at around mid day - then the phone dies only an hour ago - so i has been live for 1 1/2 days at a time - is this what i should i expect - i'm not really happy with 1 1/2 days at a time

should i get a different phone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,025 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You still have not let the battery cells expand to their full potential.
    It will take another few full charges and emptys to do that.

But you refrained to mention what sort of usage you were putting
    the phone under. Were you surfing 3G? did you have the Bluetooth
    on, what sort of talktime had you. many texts?

There is alot of factors to consider before slating the device!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jump

sorry - the i've sent the sum total of i'd say 10 texts

have been on the phone approx 1 hour total for both times before the battery died and have a quick browse on the next - less than 3 mins twice

was expecting a bit more but maybe as you said the battery cells have to expand yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I have the E51 and get between three and four days. That includes a bit of voice calls, web browsing and the occational SMS. Bluetooth and 3G are deactivated.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Turn off UMTS. It eats battery. Force GSM only mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Jump

how do you turn that off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

tools-settings-network-network mode-gsm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Would only switch on 3g when I needed it for data and would normally get between 3-4 days battery life.

Advertisement