Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking DatagridViewvalues in vb.net

Options
  • 22-12-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

I am programming in vb.net

I want to get a value from a datagridview by checking if the value of a column is null and if it is null moving up one cell checking if that's null and so on.

If Not (dgvTestDataGrid.Item("myColumn", thisrow).Value) Is DBNull.Value Then

gColValue= (dgvTestDataGrid.Item("myColumn", thisrow).Value)

End If

So that if the value in mycolumn is null I look up one cell , if that's null 2 cells etc.

MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I am programming in vb.net

I want to get a value from a datagridview by checking if the value of a column is null and if it is null moving up one cell checking if that's null and so on.

If Not (dgvTestDataGrid.Item("myColumn", thisrow).Value) Is DBNull.Value Then

gColValue= (dgvTestDataGrid.Item("myColumn", thisrow).Value)

End If

So that if the value in mycolumn is null I look up one cell , if that's null 2 cells etc.

MM

Add an Else condition to obtain the column index using the column name. Subtract one and then access the Column value using the index instead of the column name.

Advertisement