Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contepomi to Perpignan?

Comments

It was rumoured he is on his way to toulon aswell.I would say he will defo go,his contract is up and he finished his studies.
    Id say he will go for 1 or 2 years in the sun earning megabucks,cant blame him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

His contract runs out at the end of the year and AFAIK it was always the plan for him to leave then. Nacewa was brought in as a replacement for him essentially, but was available a year early and Cheika didn't want to lose the opportunity (or so I thought anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yup, would be surprised if he DIDN'T leave Leinster at the end of this season.

Even in a post match interview for his 100th cap he was asked about it and didn't give a clear answer and was uncomfortable, so I'd be fairly sure he'll go. Great player, he'll be missed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

He's been a fine servant to Leinster. I think he's gone a bit stale this season, a move might be good for all concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

sm.org wrote: »
    He's been a fine servant to Leinster. I think he's gone a bit stale this season, a move might be good for all concerned.

agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

might **** him up on the auld tax claw back scheme tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Leinster are better off without him IMO. He has done little this season but hinder the devlopment of Sexton,yes yes he was ment to be a mentor *blah blah* but think this will be good for the club. If Leinster could get maybe another utility player (Mauger.....wink .....wink....) think it would suit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Interesting move, but I agree with the posters who say that it would be a good move for all concerned. He's still a fantastic player, has been an outstanding servant, and has given Leinster some fantastic days (see Toulouse 2006 for one).

He's still a few years in the tank, but I think he needs a fresh challenge at this stage of both his career and his personal life. AFAIK he's finished in the RCSI, and there are almost too many options in the Leinster backline at the moment. There's a challenge to find the best combination before the business end of the HEC pool stages, as there's no point in paying lip-service to grooming a new outhalf, but chopping and changing the line-up from week to week.

Hope he has a vintage 2009 and goes out on a high if it is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

If he goes, which seems likely, I wish him all the best. He's been exciting as hell for Leinster. Always fun to watch.

It also frees up spot for another foreign player doesn't it? ^^

If he goes, which seems likely, I wish him all the best. He's been exciting as hell for Leinster. Always fun to watch.

It also frees up spot for another foreign player doesn't it? ^^

CauCau please:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nukem wrote: »
    Leinster are better off without him IMO. He has done little this season but hinder the devlopment of Sexton,yes yes he was ment to be a mentor *blah blah* but think this will be good for the club. If Leinster could get maybe another utility player (Mauger.....wink .....wink....) think it would suit better.

Meh, Contepomi and Mauger are both better then Sexton and so will both "hinder" his development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Meh, Contepomi and Mauger are both better then Sexton and so will both "hinder" his development.

Yeah but Mauger is an out and out 12, played a few games at 10 but is fairly average there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

He was a player I was always admired from the time he set foot in the country but his hands behind the ears act finished me with him, shame really because he really had talent.

Advertisement