Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to FTPS Site

Options
  • 22-12-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am working on a project where I have to pull down some flat files from an ftps secure connection. I know that you can use Filezilla to connect to an FTPS server, however, I want to be able to automate the download of these files. So is there a command line executable (freeware) that can be used in a windows environment that can connect to an ftps site, run some script to pull down files and then disconnect ?

I took at look at WinSCP which would have worked perfectly for this requirement but unfortunately it does not support FTPS.

Cheers,
    TC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Its SFTP :).

How about PSFTP from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Help can be found from console - psftp -h. It seems to allow batch mode with no interactions. Also -b enables input of a batch file. I havn't played with it, but might be worth looking into. You could create a windows batch file to automate perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Its SFTP :).

No there's both SFTP (ssh ftp) and FTPS (FTP/SSL)

As wikipedia says for FTPS:

It should not be confused with either SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP), or FTP over SSH.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

pH wrote: »

It should not be confused with either SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP), or FTP over SSH.

;)
    I stand corrected. You learn something new every day! Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

pH wrote: »

;)

Cheers pH ;)

I did some more googling and came across MOVEitFreely. Command line executable that can be scripted in to a batch file to do exactly what I need.

Cheers anyway,
    TC.

Advertisement