Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Production Comnpany

Options
  • 22-12-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi,

I've set up a production company and have done some music videos, live music and different bits and pieces. But to take it full time I need to quit my day job, is there anything out there to help me out with this becasue I'm obviously not gonna be making money straight away.

I'm looking to get into the corporate video area to make money for the company while still focusing on music videos and hopefully some shorts as a more creative side, but they probably wont make me much money.

So grants ? etc ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭FreeEnergy

Sorry but any business that doesn't make money is a hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

FreeEnergy wrote: »
    Sorry but any business that doesn't make money is a hobby.

I'm looking to get into the corporate video area to make money for the company while still focusing on music videos and hopefully some shorts as a more creative side, but they probably wont make me much money.

So grants ? etc ?

Grants for setting up a company, take a look at your local enterprise ireland maybe for a loan for capitol. I have a friend who set up his own buisness as a cameraman via that route (he's off filming rugby for RTE now)

But otherwise grants/funds tend to be project based (unless you get into a bigger pond then you can go for funds for a slate of projects).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ralphweddell

Irish film board and the arts council should be checked out.

Advertisement