Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVP.co.uk + Exchange Rates

Options
  • 22-12-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I have used SVP in the past as they carry v.good quality products in the media line(blank dvd/cd's). One thing that has put me off earlier this year was the delivery costs and the GBP-> Euro exchange rate made their products very pricy. As the gbp->euro exchange rate has gone in our favour lately I thought it would be a good time to place an order. When about to place an order today I noticed the cost of an item(Verbatim DVD+R 16x (Taiyo Yuden) (43550-12)) in GBP that was £8.80GBP when displayed in Euros was €10.21, this represents a GBP to Euro exchange rate of .84 GBP's to the Euro when in fact todays exchange rate is .945GBP's to the Euro. This is a fairly big difference considering the delivery charges may also be governed by this rate. Is it not normal for uk retailers to apply the exchange rate at "time of payment", ie: whatever the exchange rate is on the day the payment for the goods is made?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Drakus wrote: »
    I have used SVP in the past as they carry v.good quality products in the media line(blank dvd/cd's). One thing that has put me off earlier this year was the delivery costs and the GBP-> Euro exchange rate made their products very pricy. As the gbp->euro exchange rate has gone in our favour lately I thought it would be a good time to place an order. When about to place an order today I noticed the cost of an item(Verbatim DVD+R 16x (Taiyo Yuden) (43550-12)) in GBP that was £8.80GBP when displayed in Euros was €10.21, this represents a GBP to Euro exchange rate of .84 GBP's to the Euro when in fact todays exchange rate is .945GBP's to the Euro. This is a fairly big difference considering the delivery charges may also be governed by this rate. Is it not normal for uk retailers to apply the exchange rate at "time of payment", ie: whatever the exchange rate is on the day the payment for the goods is made?

Surely the Euro price is only a guide, and when you pay in Sterling by credit card, the usual rules apply.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

one click on their website to T+C

"We trade in sterling (GBP). Any figures shown on the website in other currencies are for guidance only. Check with your card issuer for their rates and fees for international transactions."

not too much effort in fairness

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement