Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Merging Partitions On Vista

• 22-12-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

hey guys my new laptop has 2 partitions c: 67.8gb and D: 67.5gb

C: has operating system (vista) and other applications (none that i really need atm as its only new and i havent installed anythin to important yet)
    D: nothing on it as of yet. I presume this is to back files up, but i have a tb hd and dont need this

my problem is i want to merge to 2 drives together. i was wondering if anyone knows if i merge them will i lose the os and ill need the installation discs to reinstall or will it merge and wipe all the data bar the os.

also if anyone knows any good partition manager programs and/or where to get them for free let me no. dont really like downloading applications through torrents so keep that in mind. thanks folks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,482 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its easy peasy on Vista, no need for partition magic or anything else at all.
    Copy anything that you need on the D: drive to the C: drive first.

1) Then right click on "computer" on your desktop and choose "Manage"
    then click "disk management" in the "Storage" section on the left.
    2) Now right click on D: and choose delete volume.
    3) Now right click on C: and choose "extend volume", this starts a wizard thats pretty self explanetory.

This is a pretty cool new feature in Vista.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from Laptops
    ...Ho Ho Ho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Supercell wrote: »
    Its easy peasy on Vista, no need for partition magic or anything else at all.
    Copy anything that you need on the D: drive to the C: drive first.

1) Then right click on "computer" on your desktop and choose "Manage"
    then click "disk management" in the "Storage" section on the left.
    2) Now right click on D: and choose delete volume.
    3) Now right click on C: and choose "extend volume", this starts a wizard thats pretty self explanetory.

This is a pretty cool new feature in Vista.

good man thats brilliant. took about 5 minutes and 4 of that was copyin data off the d drive!

last time i tried a partition manager i was formattin my tb hd and the old laptop "phantom clicked" onto the c drive as i was about to format it. resulted in me creating 3 partitions and reformatting the hd. lossed everythin. took ages tryin to re-install windows, then i had to spent ages tryin to find drivers off the internet. then i had to recover the lost/formatted data. did it all and the laptop never worked to the same speed again. hence the new laptop and my fear of partition managers!!!

Advertisement