Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pubs in Galway doing free finger food for Groups

Options
  • 22-12-2008 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Just wondering if you know of any pubs in Galway that do free finger food for groups of say 30 people when you are drinking in there. We got some before in Fagans and it wasn't great so looking for a better option.

Any suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Kaskade wrote: »
    Just wondering if you know of any pubs in Galway that do free finger food for groups of say 30 people when you are drinking in there. We got some before in Fagans and it wasn't great so looking for a better option.

Any suggestions

You get what you pay for. Would ye not all chip in a few quid for some platters???

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

You get what you pay for

I never heard of that pub before. ;)

There is a recession at the moment, there are places out there offering great deals to get business, why would I pay out money for something in one pub when others are offering it for free, I would prefer to chip in the few quid for the drinks. Most country pubs do this on Saturday nights for all of their customers, about time it because more frequent in the city.

So back to my original question, has anybody experience of pubs that are providing complementary finger food and whether it is any good.

Thanks in advance.

You could try asking in the Galway forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

What does Biko do in these situations?

noblestee wrote: »
    What does Biko do in these situations?

It's sorta like when you put popcorn in the microwave but forget to take off the tinfoil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

With the recession you may find less pubs give out free stuff? My local gives out sambos on sundays but it is mainly because of a few diabetics who drink there during the day. Can't give to one and not the rest.

You might know this pub too "Beggers can't be choosers" :P Sorry I can't be of anymore help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 piedpiper

Skeffs on eyres square did this. We had a party there last year I think. Between 20 - 30 of us. They did the usual cocktail sausages and the likes.

Actually, was in the hole in the wall last week and there was finger food going about. Think it was some teams christmas do. Couldnt tell you if it was free or not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I'll try the skeff, I actually rang them earlier but they were too busy. O'Connells said they would do free grub but they already have a booking for the night we want to go out.

I have been finding the opposite with the recession, we have just had 2 christmas parties in different venues in Galway in the last two weeks, they were close to paying us to come as so many companies had dropped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

living room or front door do food but i would doubt its free

Advertisement