Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new gun

Options
  • 22-12-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi guys
    santa has been good to me by bringing me a Perazzi Mx8 its a lovely gun to shoot.i was wondering if there is any way how to tell how old it is; its in very good condition but i estimate that its possibly 20 years old would anyone here be able to help me with this?
    perazzimiroku004.jpg
    heres a pic of the other stock i got with it i must praise them for the straight running grain in their stocks unlike my miroku..... its choked 1/4 and 1/2 i think.
    perazzistock003.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Congrats,you have the Ferrari of shotguns.
    Best bet is contact Perazzi themselves and quote the serial nos and details.Google it for correct address.
    Wishing you many good breaks and safe shooting with it.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

give john o malley a ring ,he will help you out ,its nice n clean looking ,it has a trap forend and a sporting stock ,is it choked tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TrapperJohn

There is a site which lists the proofing dates for the barrel.

http://www.gmgunparts.com/punzoni.php

Look at the receiver end of the barrel and you will see he proofing marks on the bottom. Just compare with the list on the site below and it should give you a fairly accurate date.

Advertisement