Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2/ GH World Tour

Options
  • 22-12-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just wondering which I should get for Xmas ? From what I can read, RB 2 is a better game but GH World Tour ahs much better instruments. Ive never played any GH etc before :o

I was thinking of getting the World Tour full package and then *getting* rock band 2 .... Both full packages are in stock where I am so I gotta choose.

Any advice, Quick by the way :P

BTW: Post instead of the poll :P

Best overall Experience 12 votes

Guitar Hero: World Tour
    0% 0 votes
    Rock Band 2
    100% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Songs are just as good on both game... Maybe take a look and see what you prefer. Both have 84 songs each (or so)

The GHWT Drums are only (marginally) better than the RB1 instruments.... if you are talking about RB2 instruments, then the RB2 drums kick the GHWT ones out of the water... by far. (and yes, I've tried all of them.. and some 3rd party ones). I'm pretty sure you can't get RB2 instruments in ireland yet though.

I personally prefer the Guitar from RB1 & 2.... The GHWT guitar is virtually the same as the GH3 guitar (les paul), but it has an extra "slidey thing" which nobody seems to like too much.

The Mic's are the exact same... use ANY USB Mic and it'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Theres a huge catalogue of free downloadable tracks with RB2 though isn't there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Theres a huge catalogue of free downloadable tracks with RB2 though isn't there ?
    I think the 500 DLC barrier has been broken (could be wrong).

There is a code in the RB2 game case which lets you download 20 free songs, however, you cannot choose which ones and they are mostly b-rate songs by unknown bands.

Apart from those 20 there is only 3 free songs (Promised Land, Still Alive and Headphones On), the rest cost either 80 or 160 MS points each.

I would say get RB2. No contest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

World tour is awful compared to rock band,I play rb2 every day and hardly ever play guitar hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

have both and find myself playing rock band 2 far more.Had 1 so transfered all the songs onto hard drive as welland have downloaded aload of songs as well.The choice of dlc on rockband is far better than ghwt.I originally really only got ghwt for the tool songs and thought there would be more metal songs on it, but apart from the metallica album dlc, there' not really that great a selection.Both games share alot of the same songs but for my money rockband has better longetivity to it with the tour and challenge options.Ghwt isn't bad its just not as good as rockband imo.

• Advertisement

Here's how it works....

RB2 > GH:WT > RB1 > GH2 > GH3 > GH:80s > GH1 > GH:A > RB:AC/DC > ANY GF/DM > GH:OT > GHOT:D

or

ITG2 > ANY PIU > SN2 > DDREX > ITG1 > DDR5th > EZ2D > SN > EM2 > DDR3rd > 3DDX > EM1

or

IIDX > PNM > TNT > RF > PPP > PM > DK > KBM

NOTE: Yes... I've played them all... actually, I own (virtually) all the home versions... There's not many people in the world who could claim both of those things, so I guess that makes me more qualified to comment on such things. :pac::pac::pac:

For an extra 50 achievement points.. can you name all of the above? (if you have to google, then you suck)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Cully wrote: »
    For an extra 50 achievement points.. can you name all of the above? (if you have to google, then you suck)

I'm not sure what RF is,and where does britneys dance beat place in that list? :p

I'm not sure what RF is,and where does britneys dance beat place in that list? :p

BDB is 2nd last on every list.... Just ahead of Dance Praise... They're not on the lists cos they are not real games...

Oh by the way... I own both of those also... (yes I know.... and I pay for it by getting spam email regularly from the dance praise people... grrr)

Guitar Praise will be worse than all of these lists. Even Gitaroo Man, Kira Kira Music Nights, Boom Boom Rocket, Osu Tatakae Ouendan, AudioSurf, Stepmania and Rock Revolution deserve a space more than them...

oshi... I forgot DJMax in there... That game is seriously awesome! (also... I own that too... ;D )

RF = Rock Fever... it's only in the arcade, but is seriously awesome as long as it's not RF4, which has the rolly ball thing which wrecked it :( Basically... it's like IIDX, but with 6-9 buttons...When I say 6-9 I mean that the old ones have 6, then they introduced a rolly ball thing, a pedal, and some other thing I have no idea how to use. Either way, the game is pretty good... if you can find a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Well lads, Couldent get RB2 Full pack in the end :( So I got GH, but I will get RB2 on its own so that'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

rockband 2 is a 100% bitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

xbox36016 wrote: »
    rockband 2 is a 100% bitter

I know it taste terrible dunno how some people drink it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

what rockband is bitter all the way

Stev_o wrote: »
    I know it taste terrible dunno how some people drink it.
    xbox36016 wrote: »
    what rockband is bitter all the way

It sure is... I just had some and it makes me shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Agreed about RB2, it's what I'll be bringing to the console days in UL from now on.

Agreed about RB2, it's what I'll be bringing to the console days in UL from now on.

College + RB2 = Win

The recent Trinity meet is proof of that... although it was funny that I was oldest by about 10 years there.. heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Annoying... you can't buy the full Rockband 2 set here.

And I can't find any American sites that will ship it here... :(.

Holsten wrote: »
    Annoying... you can't buy the full Rockband 2 set here.

And I can't find any American sites that will ship it here... :(.

eBay is your best bet until it is actually released in europe.

There are many UK sites that ship the ION Drum Set, which is far better than any stock one, so I'd recommend that. Here's the xbox version... (they have ps3 also).. AND there's a sale at the moment...

http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=4243&highlight=

£224.10 for the kit
    (Use Coupon: DJKIT2512 and it brings the price from £249 to £224.10)
    £25 delivery (rep of ireland... is £10 for NI)
    £249.10
    which is...
    Approx €255.95 (and well worth it btw)

Same price at
    https://www.getinthemix.co.uk
    http://www.jbsmusic.co.uk/view/2835/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

GHWT is decent but it has too many easy songs. (Sorry to come across as a snobby elitist) Its definitely an improvement on GH3 however, the timing window in WT is MUCH better, IMO. Also, my Shechter Switch (the new strumbar mechanism) broke after one day in my guitar. I soldered a new switch I found in Maplin in and its grand after that, but it was still a nuisance.

Also:
    GH2>GH1>GH:WT>GH:80s(not enough songs :P)>GH3

However to answer your question, RB2. Better challenge, better instruments (my problem was WIDESPREAD, believe me) and the amount of DLC is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I bought GT because my friend has it and I wanted to play two player games instead of us having two similar but incompatible games. The RB DLC sounds incredible though, maybe next year I'll get that instead

Advertisement