Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 5x19: Vegas **SPOILERS**

• 22-12-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Leaky leaky.... Might be lacking some polish, but its the real thing.

From TV.com:
    Detective John Sheppard investigates a series of unusual murders in Las Vegas.

Vegas Verdict 30 votes

Atlantastic.
    0% 0 votes
    Awesome.
    53% 16 votes
    Average.
    26% 8 votes
    Aww... kinda sucked.
    13% 4 votes
    Awful.
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What the hell?! :confused:That's all I can say for now... Need to think on it a little longer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No worries, ixoy. Delete if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Started off going "not more of this crap" and I really wanted to hate it.....but, has to be my fav Ep so far. Freakin excellent soundtrack and some cool play on the dialogue ;)

Your gonna love it or loathe it

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

MrE wrote:
    No worries, ixoy. Delete if you want.
    No that's not directed at you - you'll understand when you see the episode :D
    NukeM wrote:
    Started off going "not more of this crap" and I really wanted to hate it.....but, has to be my fav Ep so far. Freakin excellent soundtrack and some cool play on the dialogue

Your gonna love it or loathe it
    Yeah, I think that's the thing - I felt I should hate it, but on many levels it was one of the most polished episodes they've ever done. It's like "Moebius" dialled to 11 - SGA by way of CSI. The use of music for example, instead of a score, was very effective and it did tie into the finale in an interesting way. A very odd penultimate episode but I think it worked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ixoy wrote: »
    No that's not directed at you - you'll understand when you see the episode :)

Aaaaaaaaaah..... :)
    Haven't seen it yet, I'll watch both over Christmas.
    Hate the sound of the synopsis, but it sounds like its a decent episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

CSI:Atlantis, for the first 10 minutes I was thinking "What the hell..." but it really worked.

I just wonder if it has any bearing on the final episode...off to find out now.

Atlantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

yeah... I need to think a little on it too.. but i think it.. might have been really good.

and everyone loves the A-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im ever the more pleased for coining the term Atlantastic

all the same i think ill wait on air-date for this and the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

*shudder* absoutly terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, totally went "WTF?" and "can't believe they are pulling this crap for the penultimate episode" for the first 15 minutes or so, but that turned out much better than I thought and set the scene nicely for the last episode. I'll leave it at that, as this is a pre-air... Excellent music throughout as well - Johnny Cash FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

this i believe was the 100th episode of atlantis and that is why it was so cool

they really did go with the csi thing at the starting which anyone will admit was very well done.

loved the episode all over as it sets it up for the next episode.

all and all it works brilliant and was a very good 100th episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the cash bit was the only food part for the rest of whatever the music was i found i had to keep adjusting the volume everytime that weird music came on, but after thinking a bit more i did like the last 10 mins of the ep the rest was quite bad though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Very odd for the second last ever episode but I suppose they were setting things up with the ending. Overall it was strange, but I liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Watched it now. And it makes total sense to me.

When you regard McKay as the Alternate McKay we've seen now (what, twice?) then it all begins to make a little bit more sense when McKay was talking to Jon about knowing different versions of him.

Having not seen the finale yet I can only assume it ties in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I thought this was brilliant, such a good imitation of all the csi type shows. As a kind of comedic sketch everything was perfect from the lighting of the scenes, to the quick cut montage scences showing the murders and even the trendy sound track was done really well.

As a novelty 100th episode i really enjoyed it. In terms of the plot and its impact on the story arc of the season i thought it was pretty good. It was a different approach to set up the finale but it worked and i enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This was episode 99 no? I thought it was excellent! I was avoiding every detail about the very last episode but after seeing this one I have a good idea what its about;)

Loved the music. Have 'Solitary Man' stuck in my head:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

I frickin' loved this episode!!
    Although Im sick of the whole
    Alternative Reality that SGA does so well (mostly)
    I was really really impressed!!
    Excellent soundtrack throughout!!

Roll on Enemy At The Gate!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Not posted here in a bit :) What a fantastic ep, really enjoyed it. Loved the sound track. Towards the end I was even thinking this would be a kick ass series by its self. It be Stargate without the Tech. A Detective John Shepard hunting aliens on Earth series.. I'd watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

hated it, watched it twice to make sure, and yup, I hated it. It was a very good episode of CSI, but not so good as SGA. I get the idea that it was a "gimmick" episode to mark it's being the 100th Atlantis episode, (the order was switched when the show was cancelled). A friend of mine (who never watches Stargate saw the ep and emailed me to say "you like that show?!?!", :o well yes, I loved seasons 1, 2 and 3. Seasons 4 and 5, not so much :( )

I'd read that there was to be a "CSI:Atlantis" episode and there was an episode where the Wraith got to Earth, I didn't realise they were the same episode, but I didn't like the sound of the One That's Set In Las Vegas at all, so admittedly I did watch with a prejudice, however Stargate has a habit of pulling a rabbit out of a hat and being much better than I was expecting ... but not this time.

The music was miles too loud, and I couldn't get passed the idea that the Other Rodney and Other Sheppard had never met, but on "our" Atlantis (I think it was Miller's Crossing?) Rod and Sheppard were on the same team, and IIRC Sheppard flew the Jumper Rod used to jump through the rift in the space/time continuum. :confused:

*goes to watch episode to check*

I also started picking holes in how the Wraith managed to get his hands on prosthetics, make up, contact lenses, a laptop and taught himself how to play Poker in the space of 3 months ... given that he's a Wraith and doesn't speak English. I can get my head around people travelling via the Stargate's all "speaking" English, but not a Wraith who travelled to Earth in a Hive ... see when I get bored of something I start picking at it!

Disappointing, very disappointing IMO

Advertisement