Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with neighbours evil dog

Options
  • 22-12-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

hey guys thanks for all your helpfull advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Sounds to me like you need a higher / more secure fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

There is no such thing as an evil dog.

There ARE such a things as a negligent owner and insufficient fencing and supervision.

If you have issues with the behaviour of the dog then you should speak with the adults of that family and if that doesnt work report it to the dogwarden and get him to come out and have a word with them.

As to the BIG subject of cats and dogs... well, the saying "they fight like cats and dogs" doesn't come out of nowhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

As I don't let my cats outside for fear of what you've said & much more besides, I can't really comment on the first issue as my only comment would be to keep your kitten in.
    The second issue is a bearbug of mine. I've 4 large dogs, 3 of which are restricted crosses. One in particular, Elliott, a dobie x used to go everywhere with me. Walked for miles with me while I was training for the mini marathon, came to the shops with me, went to the beach everyday, I never went anywhere without him. He never liked people on skateboards or treehuggers that wanted to hug him but apart from that he was bombproof. If he wasn't with me, he'd be sleeping in a pool of cats on the bed. Big subject never applied with him.
    He'd walk past any dog & not bat an eyelid for a long time. However, lots of little dogs (sorry everyone with smaller dogs, this is only my own personal experience) on the beach or on walks off lead (mine was always on a harness) used to come up & have a go at him. He shrugged it off for a long time. However, one got out from a neighbours right outside our house & decided to attack him. He did nothing but stand there like a lemon. However, the other dog decided he was going to hang out of his jugular. Then he did fight back before his throat was ripped out.
    To this day, my bombproof lump now cannot pass a smaller dog without either hiding behind me or going balllheaded.
    One teeny dog attacking can have a serious impact on yours & your dog will always seem to be at fault as he's much bigger.
    I'd have a very serious word with your neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As said keep the kitten in or secure a cat proof fence around the top of your wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

peasant wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you need a higher / more secure fence.
    This was the front garden
    They never take this dog for any walk and when i say never i mean never
    They let him out on his own
    As they've said b4, he was a stray aroung here when they took him in.... wonder why:rolleyes:
    The only way i could get that dog off him [ no help from them ] was to hit him. Never hit an animal b4 but was the only way.
    I won't have anymore of my animals hurt by this...... yes evil dog;)
    and careless owners no more
    I'll be straight over to her tomorrow
    Just kids there today
    Wonder what they would say if it was the other way around and my dog had done this..............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

on another note dogs by nature hate cats.a cat falling into his territory is like disneyland to a dog.true if the dog is nasty,have a chat to the owners.my own dog hates cats,has even bitten a few.he is not an evil dog(quite the opposite).regular walks,part of the family.but in his garden he is boss!!!!

LIS wrote: »
    on another note dogs by nature hate cats.a cat falling into his territory is like disneyland to a dog.true if the dog is nasty,have a chat to the owners.my own dog hates cats,has even bitten a few.he is not an evil dog(quite the opposite).regular walks,part of the family.but in his garden he is boss!!!!
    This dog is nasty....... only last week my cats were out the front minding their own when he's goes for them AGAIN !!!!!!!!!:mad:
    Again just the son standing in his front garden watching:eek:
    This dog is like lightning, hopped the wall soooooo fast
    My cats get on fantastic with the rotty and yorkie... sleep together and funny to watch them play lol
    I know this will happen again with him starting at the pup even if i do say something to them tomorrow.
    This is my front garden..... my dogs have every right to be there;)
    This 'dog' needs a muzzel and to be on a leash if he's outside
    I'm really worried what i'm gonna do to him if it does happen again

lucky111 wrote: »
    This dog is nasty....... only last week my cats were out the front minding their own when he's goes for them AGAIN !!!!!!!!!:mad:
    Again just the son standing in his front garden watching:eek:
    This dog is like lightning, hopped the wall soooooo fast
    My cats get on fantastic with the rotty and yorkie... sleep together and funny to watch them play lol
    I know this will happen again with him starting at the pup even if i do say something to them tomorrow.
    This is my front garden..... my dogs have every right to be there;)
    This 'dog' needs a muzzel and to be on a leash if he's outside
    I'm really worried what i'm gonna do to him if it does happen again

get them an electric coller and line and hope they use it.i do understand your worry.im just afraid with the attitude out there they may tell you that its your problem.have you checked the legal status of this?

get them an electric coller and line and hope they use it.i do understand your worry.im just afraid with the attitude out there they may tell you that its your problem.have you checked the legal status of this?
    Good idea LIZ.
    I will def look into it tomorrow.
    No, haven't checked the legal status but am gonna have to
    Just makes me mad when you can't even let your own animals in their own garden with fear of them getting attacked. I can see him really hurting the cats quite bad if he does get at them.:(
    Broke my heart to see my rotty today when he came in after getting attacked
    Poor thing couldn't stop crying

if all else fails.i know a good dentist LOL:D

• Advertisement

if all else fails.i know a good dentist LOL:D
    LOL:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 snelltrading

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984