Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question - Know of a car dealer that will take a boat?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

Again Dyflin, if we could stick to the topic please. Thanks for the well wishes. I have little doubt I will find a deal that suits me - There's always a little light despite the doom and gloomers out there. You just have to know how to find it.

Any more suggestions guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

You could try Len in Marlfield Motors 087 3259025 takes all sorts of stuff (bikes, quads etc against cars) so might consider a boat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Try John Moloneys in Limerick.

They have less desirable stuff than boats on the lot including 5l v8 LHD American shoite, oh and they used to do motorhomes too. Might do a deal if you take something truly awful off him:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Try putting it up for sale on some brokers websites? They'll put it on their website, do the paperwork and charge you a commission - much like an estate agent really

Still also put it up on apolloduck.ie for a private sale (Cut out the middleman (broker))

Boat sales have definately slowed down a lot in Ireland (and the whole world!) lately - Sorry to break the news, it's not what you want to hear but don't be in such denial of what's happening around you. I'll eat my right foot if you find a car dealer to just give you cash for your boat - wayyyy too much of a risk for the dealer to try and sell on

Back to trying to help, just google 'boat broker ireland' you'll find plenty of results - get in touch with them

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

Thanks for the additional info lads.

Already have one offer, albeit on the low side, and will make some more enquiries in the new year. Looks like there are several interested parties out there.

Very much appreciate all the feedback so far.

Best,
    S.

• Advertisement
Advertisement