Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know anything about this

• 22-12-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

forgot to add the source

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_/ai_n24426665

Old article from march 2008 but didnt see anything about it till I was browsing the net

THE organisers of the country's latest Star Trek convention are aiming to beam Captain Kirk - aka William Shatner - to Ireland.

The event is planned for next summer and is expected to be held in the Royal Dublin Hotel.

Shatner, 77, who played the captain of the Starship Enterprise in the original TV series and seven spin-off movies, is still in huge demand at conventions and signings.

His performance as Kirk has earned him a huge cult following worldwide and he attracts large crowds whenever he attends similar events.

In addition to Shatner, the organisers are hoping to secure some of the other big names who have been part of the Star Trek universe over the years.

Patrick Stewart, who played Captain Pickard in The Next Generation, and Kate Mulgrew, who starred as Captain Janeway from Voyager, are in talks to attend.

Copyright 2008 MGN LTD
    Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.

:confused:

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Sounds like lots of hot air. "aiming" , "in talkes with" .etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

He's 77!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I aksed Paul the webmaster over at www.williamshatner.com if there was any truth in this, he said that the only con he knows that William Shatner is attending next summer is the creation con in vegas

so looks like its hot air atm

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

there holding a con ?and no word of it on this forum , which is basically the only place to find star trek fans in Ireland . yea shoulds like a good idea to me .........i.e. fail !

i remember trying to convince my college to give some money,so i could try to get shatner over as a guest speaker, i say he would cost alot to be honest. oh well if something like a con or whatever ever did get shatner over in Ireland , i would so like to book him as speaker , but yea dont see that happening ever, :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

shatner is a legand.

watched the comedy central roast of william shatner for the 3rd or 4th time recenty

• Advertisement
Advertisement