Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite Cinematic?

Options
  • 22-12-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

The World of Warcraft Cinematic shows a group of Horde and Alliance Battling one another throughout Azeroth, while featuring a Night Elf Druid, Dwarf Hunter, Undead Warlock, Tauren Shaman an Orc Warrior and a Human Mage.

The Burning Crusade Cinematic Introduces both Draeni and Blood Elves and also is the first cinematic to show a troll. The Cinematic is narrated by Illidan Stormrage.

The Wrath of the Lick King Cinematic is ironically narrated by King Menethil, Arthas' father who describes his son as a "weapon of righteousness" while we see the evil Lich King summoning his undead minions to his side.

- Personally I think that the Wrath of the Lich King Cinematic is really cool, but I was a little disppointed that they didn't continue with the band of heroes theme. Nevertheless, I think the WOTLK Cinematic gets my vote.

Which Cinematic is Best? 17 votes

World of Warcraft
    0% 0 votes
    The Burning Crusade
    35% 6 votes
    Wrath of the Lich King
    11% 2 votes
    Can't Decide!
    47% 8 votes
    I hate them all equally
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

DRAGONNBLIGHT WHERE
    BOLVAR DIES sadface

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Why must i always read spoilers!! :(

I'd say that the original cinematic was the best. Great music, cool fight scenes. Loved the Undead Warlock summoning the Infernals, and the Human Mage ontop of the tower fighting the Infernals. They all pale in comparrison to Warcraft 3's cinematics though.
    Arthas coming back to Lordaeron and killing his father, Thrall and Grom killing Mannorath
    , to the ending cinematic. All amazingly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

gotta agree with kiilth here, none of them hold a candle to the WC3 cinematics which were part of the reason i bought wow in the first place.

Also, due to BLATANT RACISM i wont be voting on this poll untill blizzard include a Gnome in the cinematics :(

Kiith wrote: »

I'd say that the original cinematic was the best. Great music, cool fight scenes. Loved the Undead Warlock summoning the Infernals, and the Human Mage ontop of the tower fighting the Infernals. They all pale in comparrison to Warcraft 3's cinematics though. Arthas coming back to Lordaeron and killing his father, Thrall and Grom killing Mannorath, to the ending cinematic. All amazingly done.
    might have to cheat thru wc3 to see these now

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Play it all and be a true loremaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Kiith wrote: »

IThey all pale in comparrison to Warcraft 3's cinematics though. Arthas coming back to Lordaeron and killing his father, Thrall and Grom killing Mannorath, to the ending cinematic. All amazingly done.

FFS!!! can you not use spoilers urself?!!! ive jst started wc3 over the weekend and you just ruined it on me u tard!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

FFS!!! can you not use spoilers urself?!!! ive jst started wc3 over the weekend and you just ruined it on me u tard!!
    I guess i just figured you've played World of Warcraft, where both of these things are mentioned more then once (including in the booklet). I think there comes a time when we just assume people have played a game, and stop spoilering.

Anyway, sorry, and spoilered just for you (better late then...you know)
    Dustaz wrote: »
    gotta agree with kiilth here
    Who :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I know its not a cinimatic, but the new wrath gate was pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Gratz on getting a SIX year old game spoilered..

(btw the chick in the crying game is a dude.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

DRakE wrote: »
    might have to cheat thru wc3 to see these now
    there on youtube ;)

Seen the one of thrall and grom v Manoroth didn't see the others must check them out.

And yeah they're def detter than wow ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Anyone got a nice link for them all? Download or not... Would be nice. I forget the other ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I still prefer the original fmv, though they are all brilliant

But in the original I love the scene with the undead and the infernal roaring behind him

there on youtube ;)

Seen the one of thrall and grom v Manoroth didn't see the others must check them out.

And yeah they're def detter than wow ones
    i'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Anyone got a nice link for them all? Download or not... Would be nice. I forget the other ones :)
    Ermm, I presume it is still governed by copyright law. All of them, but you might want to try Youtube or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Dustaz wrote: »
    (btw the chick in the crying game is a dude.)

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WC3 Cinematics for the win, epic stuff there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Thrall's action replay of the Mannoroth V Grom/Thrall fight when you complete the hero of the Maghar quest line in Nagrand is still one of my favorite things in the game, have done it 6 times now, most recently on my DK. The Dragonblight cinematic is good too, and the questline that follows is simply epic.

The trailers/cinematics for WoW are all available to view or download from the official blizz sites - here - the original is probably still my favourite, spinetingling good when I first saw it.

Advertisement