Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox doing weird things

• 22-12-2008 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Now I'm not sure if my xbox is coming to the end of it's life span or if this is just a common occurrence. But when I turn it off it still makes a noise (I think it's the fans) no picture appears on screen but it continues until I pull the power cable out of the back. When I'm using it it works fine it's just when all that's bothering me is that it's not turning off fully when I turn it off. Anyone know what it is? And should I be worried? Am I doing anything wrong by pulling out the power cable? Any answers would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You don't happen to have anything in any of the USB slots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

sounds like the fans are screwed.Reckon you'd be best off either sending it in for repair or dumping it.A friend of mines xbox bust into flames shortly after it came out, at the time there were reports of it happening to a few people , and it was related to the transformer or something.Apart from that any electric appliance that keeps running in any form after the power is switched off is some way dodgy.I dont think in a case like that you can be overly cautious cause yo just don't know what way it will go and believe me an electric fire isn't fun to try and put out, especially when its around other electric equipment lke dvd and tv that are still plugged in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Me thinks you have your charger is plugged into your controller. As above said just check your usb slots at the front. The xbox stays in a low powered state to charge your controller...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

That's it! Got me controller charging in the front of it! Thanks all

Advertisement