Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post signs MVNO agreement with Vodafone Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Interesting, I thought Vodafone had an MVNO deal in place with Oyster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

What would the prefix be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I didn't think Oyster were an MVNO?

090?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

There's a number of existing MVNO service providers (as in providers of MVNO services, rather than MVNO operators themsevles) that have existing 089 allocations, so that might be an easy route. Or An Post could be sub-allocated some of Vodafone's 087 allocations (if they're going with the whole Vodafone partnership thing).

Loads of time for them to apply for their own allocation anyway.

cgarvey wrote: »
    There's a number of existing MVNO service providers (as in providers of MVNO services, rather than MVNO operators themsevles) that have existing 089 allocations, so that might be an easy route.
    You are talking about MVNEs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVNE

• Advertisement

Irelands only MVNO is Tesco Mobile, no?

Correct. I thought !magine would bring out something. Think they have a licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I know Oyster weren't an MVNO but I thought I read somewhere they were in discussions with Vodafone to establish an MVNO with them. Obviously they must be going going with An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Any more word on this?

(for those who missed it, look at the dates on the posts before mine .. this isn't a story from today!)

not heard a word, tackled someone in an post but they wouldnt say anything...
    this was tried before with the post offices, eircell days...can't see it working...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Would be very surprised to see this happening. I know other companies who considered this and it failed to materialise.

Advertisement