Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New AWR tour featuring RVD... But no irish dates....

• 23-12-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

AWR have announced through their bebo site, that RVD- Rob Van Dam will be part of their March tour in 2009.

But from reading the website on:http://www.rampageamericanwrestling.co.uk/index2.htm
    DECEMBER 22nd 2008
    rob_chris_news.jpg
    It has been confirmed that former ECW and WWE World Champion, ROB VAN DAM, has signed an exclusive contract to appear under the AWR banner this coming March for our huge tour of France, Belgium and Switzerland. Also just confirmed is former WWE Star Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters in WWE) and returning to AWR will be the 7 footer Andrew Martin, otherwise known as Test! Be sure to be a part of this massive tour. More names will be announced in the coming weeks so stay with us here for all the latest news!

I'm kinda pissed off because they announced this on bebo and automatically i assumed this included the irish dates, but as it says here:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58301929&postcount=3
    As stated on the site, Ireland will not be part of the March tour although Irish dates will be announced for 2009 in the new year.

What was the point in telling us about RVD if he isnt even going to be in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

they are trying for european expansion and you have to give it to them for that. the irish market is far too small given the amount of money they spend on bringing talent over and production.

pity the ain't doing shows over here but they will be back i am sure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rossie1977 wrote: »
    they are trying for european expansion and you have to give it to them for that. the irish market is far too small given the amount of money they spend on bringing talent over and production.

pity the ain't doing shows over here but they will be back i am sure ;)

Im not knocking the fact that they are breaking into the eurpoean market, and 100% fair play to them, well done and all that.

But the only gripe is they announced in on bebo, which is irish dominated, so now we know that RVD will be in france, belguim and switzerland :( and none in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Im not knocking the fact that they are breaking into the eurpoean market, and 100% fair play to them, well done and all that.

But the only gripe is they announced in on bebo, which is irish dominated, so now we know that RVD will be in france, belguim and switzerland :( and none in ireland.

I'm sure some people from Ireland will make it over to France, Belguim or Switzerland to see a show.

Where else would they announce it? Bebo isn't an Ireland-specific social site. Many other countries use it too.:)

Where else would they announce it? Bebo isn't an Ireland-specific social site. Many other countries use it too.:)

Maybe through the media which they used to bring in the numbers in the respective countries on the last tour?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

If you really want to see the guy go to one of the european dates its not expensive these days also if people in Ireland did less talking about wrestling and more showing up to shows we may get more big names and bigger tours in bigger venues
    Rampage would tour Ireland if people put there hands in their pockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is this not meant to be a Irish company or based on an Irish company?

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    If you really want to see the guy go to one of the european dates its not expensive these days also if people in Ireland did less talking about wrestling and more showing up to shows we may get more big names and bigger tours in bigger venues
    Rampage would tour Ireland if people put there hands in their pockets

Im sorry but some of us dont have enough money to be going off for a few days to the continent, feck me, its costing enough for me to go to two wrestling shows.

And "EXCUSE ME!" what are you on about "If more people showed up to shows"?!
    Show of hands who went to the october tour?
    What are we supposed to do, donate money to who AWR should get?

Heres how wrestling bookin goes kid:
    Pull money together, book a big name in the hope of bringing in the punters, get them in the door, give them a worthy of the price show, send them home happy, concreting having the same face at the next show.

Not:
    Put together a brilliant tour of ireland after a pretty successful western ireland tour.
    Book one of the biggest wrestlers of all time.
    Do a great run of shows all around the country.
    Go off to france, have amazing media coverage.
    Announce another show/tour.
    Complain that no one went to the shows and tell people to go to the show in france, because it will be cheap for the fans.:confused:

I was meaning to ask you, have you some sort of authority in AWR, or is it just a coincidence that you have a similiar name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Im sorry but some of us dont have enough money to be going off for a few days to the continent, feck me, its costing enough for me to go to two wrestling shows.

And "EXCUSE ME!" what are you on about "If more people showed up to shows"?!
    Show of hands who went to the october tour?
    What are we supposed to do, donate money to who AWR should get?

Heres how wrestling bookin goes kid:
    Pull money together, book a big name in the hope of bringing in the punters, get them in the door, give them a worthy of the price show, send them home happy, concreting having the same face at the next show.

Not:
    Put together a brilliant tour of ireland after a pretty successful western ireland tour.
    Complain that no one went to the shows and tell people to go to the show in france, because it will be cheap for the fans.:confused:

I was meaning to ask you, have you some sort of authority in AWR, or is it just a coincidence that you have a similiar name?

Boy the rampage isn't for wrestling rampage more Quinton Rampage Jackson so no i'm not an authority on AWR but I am on MMA so less of the Kid and let me know about all the successful wrestling tours you've run seen as you know it inside out from you're keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Boy the rampage isn't for wrestling rampage more Quinton Rampage Jackson so no i'm not an authority on AWR but I am on MMA so less of the Kid and let me know about all the successful wrestling tours you've run seen as you know it inside out from you're keyboard

+1..Less of the whining from people..More of the positive talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I

Not:

They just ran a nationwide tour 2 months ago. Less is more particularly in this current economic climate.

I figured from your name you had some sort or position with them, and it was the only few threads you have posted in.

And i'll drop the kid thing, it was only after i posted that i realised how degrading it could sound. Apologies for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Bebo is definately NOT Irish dominated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Maybe if they are pestered enough they'll consider doing one show in Ireland.

Werent all the shows they had over here succesfull?

Im sure there are very few people with the money to travel to Europe just to see RVD and will be saving their money for the next awr ireland show.

Advertisement