Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Questions about instruments

Options
  • 23-12-2008 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Hey

For Christmas I'm getting the GHWT band in a box and rock band 2 disc. Now I was just wondering about the guitar hero drums. I've heard that sensitivity is an issue with them. I was wondering if all the drums are affected by this or if it's only a dodgey few. Also when I get the usb-midi cable and tweak the sensitivity will I have it change it back and forth when switching from GH to RB and visa verse, or should it be set mostly the same for both games.

Last question. Does anyone have any experience with using the GHWT instruments with RB2? How do they fare?

Cheers,
    Lep.

Edit: This is for the xbox 360 btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I've used the GHWT instruments in RB2... at my friends house. (xbox) He had no problems with his drums out of the box... He did tweak the sensitivity a bit to improve them. (so he says, but I don't think it improved much)

The sensitivity didn't have to be changed on the drums, but I guess that might differ on your set.

The Guitar from GHWT works perfectly on RB2... obviously the slider thing does not work as the "solo buttons"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Hey,

Well the drums turned out to be fine. It's the guitar I'm having problems with. Only the green and orange buttons seem to regitser out of the 5 colours and only sometimes at that. I keep having to take the neck off and put it back on to get even those two working again. The buttons on the guitars body work fine. Is this a faulty guitar or do I have to set something up first?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I like the drums, the cymbols make a big difference, and make the kit better than rockband's 4 pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Mine are fine bar the Orange Symbol on the drums which wont respond at all, god damn cheap Asian manufactures >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I like the drums, the cymbols make a big difference, and make the kit better than rockband's 4 pads.

Except that 95% of people who buy it seem to have far more problems than the RB1 set... lol.. I thought they would have at least tried to make it better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Hopefully the instruments will get here sometime in january,I really need to play drums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

My drums are perfect but the coloured buttons on my guitar don't respond. Any chance of swapping just one WT instrument in the shops or do you need to swap the whole package?

Advertisement